EB.com BIGGEST LOSER

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran a 10k last night after work in under 45 minutes and I'm feeling great today. I'm pretty pumped about that,. I'm training for a 15k race for the middle of next month and my goal time is 1:10. My recent training runs haven't been so successful. I strained a calf muscle about a month ago on a nine mile run and it felt like it was taking forever to heal. There were a few instances in the past few weeks where I couldn't even do two miles at any decent pace before it started bothering me so running for a decent distance at speed last night and feeling good today is a huge step in the right direction.
That's FAST. Faster than my 5k time, and for twice the distance. Very impressive!

I've discovered the most effective new diet EVER!!! It's called the "Bad Chicken Salad Diet" and it helped me lose 8 pounds overnight.

Start the day with a sensible breakfast followed by some questionable chicken salad for lunch. The exercise portion of the diet is simple and the diet provides plenty of motivation to get you going. Shortly after eating your chicken salad, start doing your toilet squats...sit down on the toilet, stand up, and repeat every 15-20 minutes or as needed. After a few squats, you can get in a good ab workout. It's similar to the squats except now you need to ramp it up and squat all the way to the floor until your forehead is resting on the toilet seat and then wretch up everything you've eaten over the last several days 2 or 3 times. The best part is that you feel so worn out that you aren't even hungry for dinner.

I'm thinking about doing my own infomercial.

I've discovered the most effective new diet EVER!!! It's called the "Bad Chicken Salad Diet" and it helped me lose 8 pounds overnight.
Start the day with a sensible breakfast followed by some questionable chicken salad for lunch. The exercise portion of the diet is simple and the diet provides plenty of motivation to get you going. Shortly after eating your chicken salad, start doing your toilet squats...sit down on the toilet, stand up, and repeat every 15-20 minutes or as needed. After a few squats, you can get in a good ab workout. It's similar to the squats except now you need to ramp it up and squat all the way to the floor until your forehead is resting on the toilet seat and then wretch up everything you've eaten over the last several days 2 or 3 times. The best part is that you feel so worn out that you aren't even hungry for dinner.

#1 reason I don't eat chicken salad...you just never know.

I have to say this breastfeeding diet is great. I eat pretty much anything I want, don't really excercise and I still lose weight. Down 12 lbs from prepregnancy weight. although it's going to suck when I stop cuz then u have actually start watching what i eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say this breastfeeding diet is great. I eat pretty much anything I want, don't really excercise and I still lose weight. Down 12 lbs from prepregnancy weight. although it's going to suck when I stop cuz then u have actually start watching what i eat.
My wife and I really enjoyed the breastfeeding diet as well. She lost weight the same way, plus I enjoyed the larger twins.

Unfortunately her diet had started shortly after getting pregnant. She actually lost 20 pounds in the first 3 months, due to severe morning sickness (hyper-emisys I think). She had to go to the ER 3 seperate times due to dehydration. I think she was back up to pre-pregnancy weight by the 6th month.

Because of the pregnancy diet, she won't ever participate in the breastfeeding diet again.

Sometimes I feel like the biggest loser around here. I can't pass the PE and I have a shitty job. :bawling:

Still in diet mode. Just ate two fat free hot dogs on wheat buns for lunch. Dinner last night was a head of broccoli. The hunger pangs of missing the "fifth meal" are killing me. It's so hard to finish a meal, still feel hungry, and not immediately look for something else.

Still in diet mode. Just ate two fat free hot dogs on wheat buns for lunch. Dinner last night was a head of broccoli. The hunger pangs of missing the "fifth meal" are killing me. It's so hard to finish a meal, still feel hungry, and not immediately look for something else.
fat free hotdogs...heads of broccoli as the main entree...you are a very strong willed person

He sure is, because I have had turkey dogs in the past and they are vomitnasty.

The key is to mask the taste entirely with condiments!

Honestly, the Ball Park ones aren't that bad, but you will never get rid of the rubbery texture, so I just pop them in the microwave.

I hoped you flushed between the squat thrusts and the ab workouts.

Well, I have managed to put ON weight since the start of this contest, and an sitting at a tubby 204 lbs as of last night. The stress/anxiety lately has been causing me to eat and eat and eat, but I believe I have pulled in the reigns.

I have now been to the gym for 2 consecutive nights, so I'm over the hurdle. I will be going at least 5 nights a week, and won't get off the ellipse or treadmill until the calorie counter hits at least 300. I don't buy its accuracy, but it's an indicator of the minimum I feel I need to work out in the evenings, and was my go-to number when I lost all the weight the first time.

I have given up the Ribwich. This may be the hardest part of all.

I have cut out ALL soda. Diet Lipton Green Tea, Crystal Light, or water. That's it.

No more crappy breakfasts. I have done away with the sausage biscuits, microwave breakfast pizzas, and ribwiches. I have been getting up early to make a wrap using veggies and Egg Beaters.

Lunches have been cut way back. I bring my own as often as possible. No more vending machine ribwich and cheeseburger combos, no more cheesburger/hot dog plates off the Roach Coach. What I have found worked for me in the past is to not mind what meat I'm eating, whether it be red meat, pork, etc. The key was keeping lunches simple and moderately portioned, and not trying to cram in a second lunch into that 1/2 hour window because I was still hungry and didn't give it time to digest, and I have adopted that policy again. If I'm still hungry, I'll drink a bottle of something.

Crystal light hard candies - When you have something that tastes decent to suck on, you don't feel as hungry or crave any sugar.

MIAF dinners have been removed. No more mac and cheese, no more dumplings, no more Chinese buffet on the weekend. I have a snack when I get home from work (usually some imitation crab meat or something small), and I find when I eat dinner after working out, I feel full faster.

Hopefully it will all come off again, and if I keep my portion sizes down, it will stay off.

Crystal light hard candies - When you have something that tastes decent to suck on, you don't feel as hungry or crave any sugar.
I buy Stride gum by the case at CostCo, and it keeps me from eating between meals. I can chew a piece for 8+ hours, and unlike other gums, the flavor is usually still detectable after all that time.

I buy Stride gum by the case at CostCo, and it keeps me from eating between meals. I can chew a piece for 8+ hours, and unlike other gums, the flavor is usually still detectable after all that time.
Hopefully you don't go that long between meals!

I like Orbit gum better than Stride, but I typically chew a piece for about an hour to an hour and a half, so that might make a difference.

Back