April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Help Support Engineer Boards:

EngrPaper

In experience purgatory
Reaction score
It was in person. We didn't have to submit any experience. And its Alabama

Some good news! You don't need your boss to verify.

The very fist line of the experience record states

However, do you need another PE you work with to verify. If you can't find a PE to verify, then the endorser would need to fill out another form, see instructions on page 2.

source: http://www.bels.alabama.gov/pdf/exams/PE/PE Verification Form.pdf

RBHeadge is correct.  In Alabama, your supervisor doesn't have to be the one to verify.  I am also in AL and I'll be having a coworker verify my experience as our boss isn't a PE.

Austincivil

Reaction score
On other threads people have mentioned that people made more than 4 attempts. I thought we allowed 3 attempts in 4 year period

Mo917

Reaction score
PE-Structural. Unfortunately failed, first attempt.  I got 34 AM & 14 PM so 48 total. My buddy took the same test, got 51 total and still failed. Both in VA. 

Took School of PE and it was very useful for the AM but useless for the PM. Talking to friends who took it last October, their PM questions was very well aligned with the school of pe notes. 

Any advice on study material or references to use for the afternoon? I had all the codes but still got a zero on the codes categories. 

NASATimp

PhD, PE (Passed!)
Reaction score
Ohio wants 8.  That's why I went to CA.
How much education does Ohio let you count, though? I assume at least 4 years if not more? I ended up taking it in Michigan rather than Ohio or Indiana largely because registration is much cheaper ($75 initial fee which covers the first year, then $40/year after that), but if it's 8 years with no allowance for education I wouldn't even have qualified in Ohio!

fyrfytr310

Principal Engineer
Reaction score
How much education does Ohio let you count, though? I assume at least 4 years if not more? I ended up taking it in Michigan rather than Ohio or Indiana largely because registration is much cheaper ($75 initial fee which covers the first year, then $40/year after that), but if it's 8 years with no allowance for education I wouldn't even have qualified in Ohio!
That’s 8 years after graduation.  No credit given.

NASATimp

PhD, PE (Passed!)
Reaction score
That’s 8 years after graduation.  No credit given.
Hm. The law seems to imply otherwise, but of course I'm an engineer, not a lawyer...

(1) Professional engineer - A graduate of an approved engineering curriculum of four academic years or more from a school or college approved by the board, and who has had four or more years of experience of a type satisfactory to the board.

(From: https://www.peps.ohio.gov/4733/4733_9.aspx)

RBHeadge PE

Nucflash
EB Supporter
Reaction score
The common language way to read that: It's an ABET approved BS plus 4 years experience earned after graduation.

California is the only state that counts undergrad as part of the experience requirement.

ChebyshevII PE

Don of EB Mafia
EB Supporter
Reaction score
California is the only state that counts undergrad as part of the experience requirement.
For the record, WA has something similar. WA requires 8 years of experience, but an accredited BS degree can count for up to 4 years of that experience.

RBHeadge PE

Nucflash
EB Supporter
Reaction score
Most states don't require an ABET degree. But the experience requirement to get around it is much longer.

NikR_PE

Philosopher
EB Supporter
Reaction score
Most states don't require an ABET degree. But the experience requirement to get around it is much longer.
just to add to this. For many states you can get reduced sentence (lower experience requirement) for a non ABET degree if you can get the NCEES credential evaluation. 

MspSdf

Reaction score
In Minneapolis we also have a monthly ITE meeting coming up in the afternoon on May 15 at an Irish Pub. So May 15 is a very eventful day now. https://nc-ite.org/meetinginfo.php

If results are indeed out on May 15 and anyone needs a drink I can bring a friend for free. I would need a few myself since I expect myself to fail.

Stick around for MN, we're still feeling crazy... and I give you my word, I will be bombastically dramatic when results come out, pass or fail, just for you buddy :)
@8-10 Weeks Later if they do post the results after 2pm, my drinks at the irish pub would either be so good or so bad.