April 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Help Support Engineer Boards:

Reaction score
MN peeps, called board again, letters have been sent, and to paraphrase: results are released, should be able to see them shortly, by end of day at the latest
whelp, looks like everything I've been told was a lie designed specifically to make me go through the stages of grief again. Time to go home and pound a box of mac and cheese... uncooked.

Reaction score
whelp, looks like everything I've been told was a lie designed specifically to make me go through the stages of grief again. Time to go home and pound a box of mac and cheese... uncooked.
Nevermind! MN is in and I passed! literally got the notification as I was leaving the work parking lot.

NASATimp

PhD, PE (Passed!)
Reaction score
FWIW on the "8 years of experience" thing, that's also how Michigan frames it... so it's not just the crazy West Coast:

"Provide documentation of at least 8 years of professional experience in engineering work acceptable to the board of professional engineers, including not more than 5 years of education pursuant to MCL 339.2004(2)(a)"

eeMark PE

Reaction score
FWIW on the "8 years of experience" thing, that's also how Michigan frames it... so it's not just the crazy West Coast:

"Provide documentation of at least 8 years of professional experience in engineering work acceptable to the board of professional engineers, including not more than 5 years of education pursuant to MCL 339.2004(2)(a)"
That’s the only way I get to be a PE.  CA is similar, I don’t have an engineering degree, just one in applied math and a lot of experience in solar.

Reaction score
It appear I mistakenly applied for the wrong license class!  I was always intending to apply to Mechanical (M) with the HVAC discipline.  Instead, I carelessly ticked off the HVAC category on the exam application.  Now after all this effort my license class isn't even the one I was hoping for!  Does anyone know if engineering boards can amend a license class?  I took the same test as I would have under the mechanical HVAC discipline..  Oh man I am really hoping theres an easy solution to this!

Reaction score
It appear I mistakenly applied for the wrong license class!  I was always intending to apply to Mechanical (M) with the HVAC discipline.  Instead, I carelessly ticked off the HVAC category on the exam application.  Now after all this effort my license class isn't even the one I was hoping for!  Does anyone know if engineering boards can amend a license class?  I took the same test as I would have under the mechanical HVAC discipline..  Oh man I am really hoping theres an easy solution to this!
Unfortunately I think they require you take some Grad courses for it. 😱  

Latest posts