P-E's Beer Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
643aa66a3074d92edc8d561cfa7da785.jpg
1030 pm in the Alaska range, bottoms up.

1030 pm in the Alaska range, bottoms up.
That's awesome.   Never did go on the spring backpack trip this year.

opening a backlash ricochet.  Good IPA, not overly bittler.   West coast style from Matts neck of the woods. 

Been to a couple of bars so far and don't recognize most of the available beers on tap. Just ordered a "good lager" and was pleasantly surprised at the first bar. Decided to grab a Guinness at the 2nd because it was an Irish pub.

Leinenkugels is bad news, because I always drink at least a six pack of those at a clip.  Not very figure-friendly.  The grapefruit one tastes like shit, though.
So...we discovered that we like the Leinenkugels summer shandy. Had a couple bottles with wings that were made with a summer shandy sauce.

Had a Harpoon IPA. It reminded me why I don't like most standard IPAs.   Bitter stale aftertaste. 

Trying a beer called Puff by six point brewery.    Too bitter, but 9.8%.   Don't recommend it.   Next. 

I think it's funny how they are referring to Coors Light as "beer."
It takes 60 of those to equal the alcohol content of a case of a good beer. 

Tonight I will be drinking Double  Galaxy by Hill Farmstead 

edit: I couldn't help myself: I did the math.  There is 0.48 less ounces of alcohol in a 60 pack of coors light than in a case of heady topper. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Still very few recognizable brews available here. Have yet to see Coors or Budweiser. I have tried quite a few new beers, mostly stouts and porters and for the most part are really good.  One of my favorites is called the Old Grinderman by a brewery in Wellington called Garage Project.

http://garageproject.co.nz/products/grinderman

Mrs Dex really likes a Russian Imperial Stout called Rurik by Galbraith's 

http://alehouse.co.nz/drink/tap-beer/our-beer/rurik

One beer that I tried by the same company as the Grinderman was an Oyster & Horpito (a native pepper plant) stout. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't awesome either. There wasn't any fishy flavor, but the brine/saltiness really emphasized the flavor palate. Essentially the same reason why restaurant food tastes better, more salt. This was a one-off winter seasonal beer.

http://garageproject.co.nz/products/cabbageskings  

The IPA microbrew scene is just as bad as the US. Too many wanting to make bitter/sour/hoppy swill and less worried about making good beer. Really not much available in the lager class.

I really like a good porter or stout, especially in the winter.

couple local IPA tonight with a great Belgian style wit thrown in   

Beer....it's what's for dinner! It's therapy, gets you into shape (round...circle is a shape), and is otc medicine for several ailments!

Back