P-E's Beer Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not by choice, was all that I could find..   but it was spring break and on the beach, so exceptions have to be made :D    

lol, we let wine coolers in this thread?

we went to this brewery over the weekend, the beer was good, Im not a 14 year old girl so I don't dink the ciders ;)

https://theoldmine.wordpress.com/
That brewery sounds great.  Sign me up. 

Trying a trappistes rochefort.   Stong Belgian ale from Belgium.  Have to drink it like wine.   Feeling this one for sure. 

Ciders are way better than bitter hoppy IPAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a cool brewery just a little smug, which is typical...allows me to not be the good tipper that I normally am:)

14.5%... three quarters of the way through the bottle, I was buzzing pretty good.  Granted, no alcohol in my body for the better part of 5 months will do that to you, but good lord...

It was pretty good.  Not $16/bottle good, but pretty good.  As much as I hate to admit, the intensity of the alcohol content overwhelmed the flavor of the bourbon and overall stouty goodness early on.  The last third of the glass seemed to be the best as it warmed up a bit.  

I had one of those bourbon based beers a few weekends ago, it was so strong they gave you a "hobbit" sized glass, but apparently that's all you need at that level.  T'was okay but I like to enjoy my beer and not feel like I am sipping a "shot"..

I just downed the entire bottle.  Guess that explains why I still felt drunk at about 5 am.

I just cracked open an Irish Red Ale that I brewed about a month ago. It was good, and a little on the early side for drinking. I think it'll be really good with some more age on it.

aa27fecaa0c54cfadc5d17e20a74ce70.jpg

What sucks about these brewery's is that since they are not a "bar" people can bring their toddlers in and basically ruin the environment when I am trying to throw down a beer while my kid is a some scout meeting....

having a tasty Jack's Abby Baltic Porter called Framinghammer.

Just had a Sam Adams Utopias.  Holy sh!t.  29%.  More like port.   Very good as a liquor. 

so i had an Alaskan Imperial Red Ale yesterday.  it did not taste like ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my last OMB Dunkel of the season on Sunday night (dark winter lager).  I love that stuff.  Going to be a long summer/fall.

Leinenkugels is bad news, because I always drink at least a six pack of those at a clip.  Not very figure-friendly.  The grapefruit one tastes like shit, though.

Back