EB.com BIGGEST LOSER

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was in major weight loss mode, I would weigh myself every day, but I wouldn't update my stats until I had dropped 5 lbs and kept it off for several straight days. My weight could fluctuate 2-3 lbs depending on how much I had eaten or how big a crap I took that day, so I didn't put much though behind individual weigh-ins.

I've probably cut my calorie intake in half
Also, make sure you're not cutting out too many calories. If you eat too many you put on weight. If you eat too few your body thinks you'ree starving and holds on to everything you eat and you put on weight. Big thing is to eat enough but make sure it's the right stuff.

I've probably cut my calorie intake in half
Also, make sure you're not cutting out too many calories. If you eat too many you put on weight. If you eat too few your body thinks you'ree starving and holds on to everything you eat and you put on weight. Big thing is to eat enough but make sure it's the right stuff.
Definitely not the case. I'm by no means a calorie counter, all my previous weight was lost with the reduction of carbohydrates and sugar. The reduction in calories this time is from the same, in addition to portion control. By no means do I feel starving at any point during the day.

^My suggestion: more sexual exploits with MIAF to burn extra calories.

I've actually been so bummed out by how much I weigh these days, that most of my sexual exploits have been curtailed :(

I'm still fat.

But, I have to say, 2 intestinal bugs the kids have brought home over the last couple months have kept me honest.

I ran a 10k last night after work in under 45 minutes and I'm feeling great today. I'm pretty pumped about that,. I'm training for a 15k race for the middle of next month and my goal time is 1:10. My recent training runs haven't been so successful. I strained a calf muscle about a month ago on a nine mile run and it felt like it was taking forever to heal. There were a few instances in the past few weeks where I couldn't even do two miles at any decent pace before it started bothering me so running for a decent distance at speed last night and feeling good today is a huge step in the right direction.
ran the 15k race that I had been training for over the weekend. Finished in 1:07:45 :D

Congrats!

I used Saturday as my cheat day and practically cleaned out the Chinese Buffet. I ran from the car to the toilet in about 2.5 seconds flat, including the time it took to unlock the door.

It was fast enough. Barely. Sounded like a pudding grenade went off in that bowl though. I probably shouldn't have started the meal off with about 20 fried dumplings and sushi.

I ran a 10k last night after work in under 45 minutes and I'm feeling great today. I'm pretty pumped about that,. I'm training for a 15k race for the middle of next month and my goal time is 1:10. My recent training runs haven't been so successful. I strained a calf muscle about a month ago on a nine mile run and it felt like it was taking forever to heal. There were a few instances in the past few weeks where I couldn't even do two miles at any decent pace before it started bothering me so running for a decent distance at speed last night and feeling good today is a huge step in the right direction.
ran the 15k race that I had been training for over the weekend. Finished in 1:07:45 :D
Very well done!

I can't seem to repeat my speed on the 5k a few weeks ago. My hips started hurting after a few more runs :eek:ldtimer: , and now I'm back to my slower pace. But at least I'm still running!

I just got a Garmin Forerunner to help me train a bit better, and not get lost on long rides in the country. Anyone use one of these thingamabobs? Seems pretty cool, and I can use it in conjunction with mapmyride.com

Hit 180 today. I'm feeling pretty good, either running/biking or lifting weights 6 days a week now. Looking forward to some rides and/or races this summer. I think I might actually hit my goal by the PE exam date now!

My weight hasn't changed a bit, but my pants fit looser. I increased my pushups ability by 40% over the past two months, so I hoping that I've converted some of the fat to new muscle, and that explains the lack of change.... But I kind of doubt that accounts for more than an extra pound or two.

Haven't stepped on the scale. MIAF's hours changed again, so I haven't been to the gym in nearly a week which stinks. The only saving grace is that in lieu of eating, I've been working on the racecar. On the upside, my endo put me back on Metformin, which I was on when I lost the 60+ pounds the first time. She believes that I have an insulin resistance problem, and when I first went on the Metformin, the cravings for food, perpetual state of hunger, and low energy went away, and I lost weight MUCH more easily. I'm crossing my fingers that it will help out again.

Still around 185 here (so I lost around 10 lbs), and 2 weeks ago, while helping at my daughter's school, I injured my back.

MRI today - believe it's a herniated disc.

Kind of put a kink into the whole run / cardio workouts. I can sit and lay down like a champ though, so I have that going for me.

You know something that'd be good on my back? Losing some more weight.

I'm going to have to get serious about my diet now... I was essentially just working out and eating what I had mostly been eating before (just limiting portions). Now, I will focus on exactly what I'm eating as well as portions.

Haven't stepped on the scale. MIAF's hours changed again, so I haven't been to the gym in nearly a week which stinks. The only saving grace is that in lieu of eating, I've been working on the racecar. On the upside, my endo put me back on Metformin, which I was on when I lost the 60+ pounds the first time. She believes that I have an insulin resistance problem, and when I first went on the Metformin, the cravings for food, perpetual state of hunger, and low energy went away, and I lost weight MUCH more easily. I'm crossing my fingers that it will help out again.

Supe, I may have missed this in a previous post, but are you diabetic?

I'm a Type II, I was diagnosed last year after I mysteriously lost about 25 lbs for no reason ( I wasn't working out and was eating really bad)... I was always thirsty, all the classic diabetes warnings signs. When my blood test came back I my glucose level was at 350 mg.

My endo put me on actoplus-met, and after my blood sugar got back to normal, my weight shot back up. Now its coming down the right way, with a good low carb diet and exercise.

Supe, I may have missed this in a previous post, but are you diabetic?

I'm a Type II, I was diagnosed last year after I mysteriously lost about 25 lbs for no reason ( I wasn't working out and was eating really bad)... I was always thirsty, all the classic diabetes warnings signs. When my blood test came back I my glucose level was at 350 mg.

My endo put me on actoplus-met, and after my blood sugar got back to normal, my weight shot back up. Now its coming down the right way, with a good low carb diet and exercise.

Surprisingly, no. The Metformin (as I'm sure you know, the common drug for diabetes) was being used in a case study basis for weight loss in people with insulin resistance tied to thyroid issues. She gave it a shot with both my sister and I (we both had thyroid cancer), didn't work for her, but worked for me.

I'm at 162. It's been so long since I checked in, I don't know if that's good or bad. Started riding my bike more, now that we're getting glimpses of spring. The pants fit looser for sure, even if the weight on the scale isn't so hot.

Back