Taco Bell tests new restaurant aimed at Chipotle crowd

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like chipolte's rice....so when you are a bean and rice burritto sort of person that makes a huge difference

I really think if you get a chicken burrito, rice, black beans, flour tortilla from either 3 they all pretty much taste the same....

I have only eaten at Chipotle and Qdoba in Boulder (where its difficlut to find workers than can work simple minimum wage jobs) so maybe my taste are skewed....

What really sucks is all those places lunch cost you $10 bucks...

qdoba around here is about $8 for burrito and drink...if it were closer I would eat lunch there more often. I know it isn't authentic mexican food, but mexican food in general is probably my favorite food.

Izzo's >>> Chipotle > Qdoba > Moes

Moe's is complete sh*t. There were two in town at one point, but Izzo's put them out of business rather quickly.

Labamba's home of the burrittos as large as your head are great too. college town sort of place. super yummy. probably ranked better the the national chains. they use a spanish rice and a melted chihuahua cheese that is to die for

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone heard of Cilantro Mexican Grill? Their pretty good and decently priced. They have a few locations locally. I'm not sure if they are located anywhere else.

what about Taco Johns..... POTATOES OLE!!!!!!
there is one of those near work...i didn't realize they were a chain. never eaten there though

it's one of the fast food places that has a deal with AAFES, usually it's paired with BK in a stand alone building but not always, Taco Bell is usually at the PX's but not as a stand alone building, which is odd because other than tacos, pizza is the only food where there isn't a monopoly. (pizza hut and dominos)

Got Taco Bell and Taco Johns around here. Taco Johns is pretty much bottom of the barrel, but they do have taco tuesday's. Oh and don't dis the Doritos taco. Best taco ever.

Izzo's >>> Chipotle > Qdoba > Moes

Moe's is complete sh*t. There were two in town at one point, but Izzo's put them out of business rather quickly.

I didn't think Izzo's was a chain. Overall burrito quality is a step up, but their chicken itself is pretty meh.

Our local Qdoba stopped issuing the green Tabasco sauce. I may have to knock them down a peg. I don't want Cholula on everything.

I practically lived at the first Izzo's when they opened during my senior year. My senior design group left the shop and went there for breaks at dark thirty on a regular basis. Good times.

Never heard of izzo's or freebirds.... Will keep an eye out for them.....

I am just hoping they put a zaxby's franchise out here soon....

For a place that specializes in chicken, I don't think that the Chicken at Zaxby's is very good.

Chick-fil-A > Zaxby's.

And I can say the same about Chick-fil-A, whose chicken sandwich is sub par compared to even Wendy's.

Back