SE Exam Oct 2019 Result

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many people do you know still using the 9th ed AISC and ignoring seismic altogether? (<- I know quite a few)
I know a few like that but those people also ignore wind loading, know nothing about aspect ratio limits for wood diaphragms, & still sign things w/o reviewing them. Granted, now it is my job to start undoing decades of this thought processes embedded into my workplace but I really can see your point on having no grandfathering without passing the SE exam for everyone.

I don't see that happening but it would solve many problems our profession is facing.

:2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a few like that but those people also ignore wind loading, know nothing about aspect ratio limits for wood diaphragms, & still sign things w/o reviewing them. Granted, now it is my job to start undoing decades of this thought processes embedded into my workplace but I really can see your point on having no grandfathering without passing the SE exam for everyone.

I don't see that happening but it would solve many problems our profession is facing.

:2cents:
If we all put 2 cents in, we might have a dollar.

In fairness, when i started my career in 06, green book was ubiquitous and even through 2016 I'd see it quite a bit.  Now in 2019 I'm starting to see the old timers who refused to budge either retire or in some cases get let go and all the young up and coming engineers are very current and as a bonus tech savvy.
Something I noticed about SEs in general, even if they passed a long time ago, is how they approach design. So even though the angry side of me wants to say they should need to retake it and suffer like the rest of us....the objective side of me realizes that passing the test in general changes your engineering methodology. I notice that SEs who passed 10-20 years ago, even when they get to the madness that is the newer codes (I'm looking at you, ACI) they look for things that are important for design of the overall system. They don't "forget" that you need to have collectors, or things like that. The Obi-wans of the profession have a few tricks up their sleeve from back in the day.

Has it been getting released sooner than two weeks after the PE exam is first released? I feel like that's what it used to be...

Has it been getting released sooner than two weeks after the PE exam is first released? I feel like that's what it used to be...
Usually week after grading workshop, which is this weekend 

I agree with F13

Last December it was released on Monday, December 10th. Is it too much wishful thinking that it will be released this Monday the 9th? 😀

Exams are being scored right now in Clemson. Who’s close to SC that can go sit in on that and let us know how It’s going?

Exams are being scored right now in Clemson. Who’s close to SC that can go sit in on that and let us know how It’s going?
I'm envisioning a heist. Something like stealing the death star plans in Rogue One. Hopefully we don't all *spoiler redacted* at the end though. 

So.....when results come in, do we get a pass or fail letter? Or is everything on the ncees site?  

So it's quite possible that next weekend I'll be studying for the SE exam, sigh.  

Talked to my Madre today for a minute ... she says, hey, Titleistguy what do you want for Christmas?  I say, "i want a 28/40, and an AAII in my stocking"  She quips, "ok same golf balls again?" I reply, "yea." 

Then as I contemplated Christmas shopping in that moment I realized that I may not have time to do that this year.  So I followed my 'yea' up with.... "do you and dad like Amazon gift cards?"

Good luck everyone on the upcoming news this week.  

Latest posts

Back