SE Exam Oct 2019 Result

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grading workshop is first weekend of december / 2 weekends from now. we could have results in 2.5 weeks.

The registration for next April's SE exams will start on Dec. 9, 2019. Less than two weeks to wait....

The registration for next April's SE exams will start on Dec. 9, 2019. Less than two weeks to wait....
that doesn't mean we will have results by then. someone will likely know the results on the 9th, but not necessarily the exam takers. 

.......I will put all of the practicing engineers and young examinees on a equal playing field. By doing this, if there is a legitimate reason for a new exam such as a change in technology or an issue with public safety, everyone will be required to prove their competency and not just punish new entrants.
tenor.gif

Lets see if the PE results get released this week. If it does then SE resilts should shortly follow....

Lets see if the PE results get released this week. If it does then SE resilts should shortly follow....
The December issue of Licensure Exchange just posted on the NCEES Website. It states the grading workshop is this weekend. Looks like our results will probably be out around December the 13th to the 16th if the release pattern for the prior years holds.

The December issue of Licensure Exchange just posted on the NCEES Website. It states the grading workshop is this weekend. Looks like our results will probably be out around December the 13th to the 16th if the release pattern for the prior years holds.
i knew this before it posted, because ashlei at ncees hadn't been getting harassed yet for results and she answered my inquiry (about the grading workshop)  :)  

i knew this before it posted, because ashlei at ncees hadn't been getting harassed yet for results and she answered my inquiry (about the grading workshop)  :)  
I was actually curious how you knew, and briefly considered the possibility that you were Ashlei.

I also wished ashlei luck in the upcoming berating of questions about results and told her I appreciated her time. 

Maybe now i'll pass?? :dunno:  

I also wished ashlei luck in the upcoming berating of questions about results and told her I appreciated her time. 

Maybe now i'll pass?? :dunno:  
Hopefully. Also, offer her half of what the registration fee would be for spring, as a non-coercive gift, were things to work out in your favor. As a wise man once said, "if you say 'no quid pro quo' at the end, then...there's no quid pro quo." 

I'm slowly coming to the realization that the SE exam is a veritable Kobayashi Maru scenario for structural engineers. 

Seems like we are looking at early to mid next week for the release of the results.

image.png

I'm slowly coming to the realization that the SE exam is a veritable Kobayashi Maru scenario for structural engineers. 
While I had to look up what Kobayashi Maru is (not so much a trekkie, but I do love me some scifi), it kind of is a no-win situation on a lot of fronts. One big win though, is that this exam will absolutely limit competition so at least, if you make it, future compensation should go through the roof. As I've complained about 1000 times before, the biggest issue is that everyone should have to pass it. If boards are going to make it a requirement for new licensees, it's not fair to the profession. How many people do you know still using the 9th ed AISC and ignoring seismic altogether? (<- I know quite a few)

In fairness, when i started my career in 06, green book was ubiquitous and even through 2016 I'd see it quite a bit.  Now in 2019 I'm starting to see the old timers who refused to budge either retire or in some cases get let go and all the young up and coming engineers are very current and as a bonus tech savvy.

Latest posts

Back