PA Results...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a pleasant email exchange with Karen Kepley this morning. Here's the scoop:

• PCS and the State Board's computer systems are not connecting
  • She said, "the best way I can think to explain it is as a handshake between our system and the board's system....somewhere, the handshake did not happen and that is what PCS and the PA Board are working on to get corrected."
  • In her 9 years at PCS this has never happened
  • She is hopeful this will be resolved "in the next coming week (at the latest)"
As much as I want to vilify PCS and the state board, at least Karen was being honest and not feeding me the standard B.S. answers.

I had a pleasant email exchange with Karen Kepley this morning. Here's the scoop:

• PCS and the State Board's computer systems are not connecting
  • She said, "the best way I can think to explain it is as a handshake between our system and the board's system....somewhere, the handshake did not happen and that is what PCS and the PA Board are working on to get corrected."
  • In her 9 years at PCS this has never happened
  • She is hopeful this will be resolved "in the next coming week (at the latest)"
As much as I want to vilify PCS and the state board, at least Karen was being honest and not feeding me the standard B.S. answers.
LOL! Right. Ask some of the other PCS veterans on this board. The old "computer glitch" excuse. I've heard it before and so have others. Sucks for you guys. Actually, we even created an emoticon to "commemorate" PCS. LOL

:pcs:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't buy the computer glitch excuse. I could have knitted each candidate a king sized quilt with their results embroidered on it by now. There have been engineers since long before computers. The fact that they can't get their PowerPoint presentation to use the correct star wipe should not keep them from mailing our results.

Bottom line is that they all have nice fat government contracts, and every day they waste is one less we have to move forward with our careers, raise our pay and get more benefits.

I can now officially congratulate everyone that passed, and that we all made it after waiting for...oh I dont know....I lost track at this point.

That figures..All PE licenses need renewed every odd year...so ours expire 9/30/15 and will need renewed then.

Oh well...we jumped through enough hoops, what's a few more :)

Congratulations everyone...I had just checked before 9 and it wasn't updated...now it is! Finally can update all my contact information! The wait is finally over!!

That figures..All PE licenses need renewed every odd year...so ours expire 9/30/15 and will need renewed then.

Oh well...we jumped through enough hoops, what's a few more :)

Ding, I feel like a circus animal at this point... Regardless, we never have to take that test again!

PCS shows fail. PA Lic Verif shows EIT and null and an active PE #. Called PCS, they wouldn't say anything except their scores were unofficial. Called the PA Engr Board, they said a license was issued this morning, I'd get it in the mail and that meant I passed.

Not really sure what to believe right now.

That is pretty crazy. And I imagine a lot better than it being the other way around. Mine has said pass for over a month now and I was scared to tell anyone until it was official. I'm sure you will do the same until you get something official.

PCS shows fail. PA Lic Verif shows EIT and null and an active PE #. Called PCS, they wouldn't say anything except their scores were unofficial. Called the PA Engr Board, they said a license was issued this morning, I'd get it in the mail and that meant I passed.

Not really sure what to believe right now.

Whoa there cowboy. I had the same thing happen, called the state, and they said that some licenses were issued in error. I'm not celebrating, yet. If mine was issued in error, I'm moving out of the state. This is ridiculous.

Back