PA Results...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've called three times since December 15th. Same answer: they're "reconciling the scores," and it "shouldn't be too much longer." But the nice lady at PCS says our results on the Client Portal page are legit, so we've got that going for us.

I received this response from the board today.

[SIZE=11pt]Good afternoon,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The board is still waiting for the compilation of all scores and records from PCS. Please contact PCS (1-877-364-3926) regarding this issue. Once the information is received from PCS, the Board will issue the certificates/licenses and they will be mailed to the licensees.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]

Thank you,
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Jennifer Young[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] |Reviewing Officer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Department of State |Bureau of Professional Licensing[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]PO Box 2649|Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Phone: 717.783.7049 |Fax: 717.705.5540[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]www.dos.state.pa.us/enghttp://www.dos.state.pa.us/eng[/SIZE]

I then sent a follow up email to PCS to see how they would respond to the Board blaming them.

I received this response from the board today.

[SIZE=11pt]Good afternoon,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The board is still waiting for the compilation of all scores and records from PCS. Please contact PCS (1-877-364-3926) regarding this issue. Once the information is received from PCS, the Board will issue the certificates/licenses and they will be mailed to the licensees.[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

Thank you,

[SIZE=10pt]Jennifer Young[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] |Reviewing Officer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Department of State |Bureau of Professional Licensing[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]PO Box 2649|Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Phone: 717.783.7049 |Fax: 717.705.5540[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]www.dos.state.pa.us/enghttp://www.dos.state.pa.us/eng[/SIZE]

I then sent a follow up email to PCS to see how they would respond to the Board blaming them.
Please let us know what PCS has to say. Also, your PE license must read "MAGICAL EXPLODING SANDWICH." I'm sure the folks at engineerseals can make that happen.

Last I spoke to PCS, they claim that the board is reviewing the scores..lol it's a finger pointing game. I have to believe PCS seeing as they had the scores up on the client portal the same day they were released.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Sounds like BS to me unfortunately, I know it was the holidays and all, and even state workers deserve a week off, :waiting: but seriously, why exactly are they reviewing the scores....isn't that NCEES Job?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]State=approves the applications to sit for the exam[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]NCEES=administers the exams, including scoring, and publishing results back to the states or PCS[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]PCS=Not sure what they do, but I think it's more coordinating between NCEES and the states… Possibly some applicant records compilation[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]State=receives results from either NCEES or PCS and issues the notifications and licenses.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Maybe I'm a little off on each of their roles and being a little sarcastic, but it appears NCEES and PCS did their part. Again I'm not expecting anything until next week... :mf_Flush: [/SIZE]

Ugh, well hopefully they won't have the upcoming MLK holiday to blame for even more delays. I'm sure the Board is taking their sweet time. PCS seems to have done its part. I thought the NCEES is supposed to give us our scores? Still pending over there...so does that mean they don't update until the Board says so?

Ok, I got a follow up response from PCS this morning.

[SIZE=11pt]At this time the official scores for PA have not been released. The board and PCS are still reconciling all scores. The scores reflecting on your PCS account are unofficial until the board approves the scores. This can take some time but we hope to officially release the scores in the next few days. Once the scores are official, NCEES will send you an email and PCS will as well with any further instructions.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Karen Kepley |[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Client Coordinator[/SIZE]
It amazes me that it still takes this long to get a test graded. We landed a robot the size of a car on Mars. We are fast approaching the creation of artificial intelligence. We have now discovered over 1,000 exoplanets, many within the possible habitable zone. We discovered the Higgs Boson particle.

But we can't grade a test in less than three months. Did I mention the test is multiple choice? And graded by a computer.... Who cares about flying cars and FTL travel, whoever figures out how to grade a test in less time than it takes the moon to make three full orbital revolutions gets the Nobel prize.

It's back up... Nope. There is a board meeting tomorrow. Anyone near Harrisburg should attend and ask them why they've waited a MONTH since NCEES released results.

The bright side is that this will soon be all over...we'll have our results, license numbers, certificates, subscriptions to Rogain....No more applications, no more studying, no more F5'ing the hell out of your keyboard....We will all move on to some other state induced complication and life will be grand....or some crap like that.

when dealing with the state....my defenition is anything while I still have a warm pulse.

strange....some names are coming up on the state website....my name is giving me an error. Not that it suprises me but its still strange.

I did a little research back through the old threads to give us an idea of how long it should take.

Test date Results Official

OCT 2008 - Dec 26, 2008

OCT 2009

*Sorry about that, I can't edit my post.

I did a little research back through the old threads to give us an idea of how long it should take.

Test date Results Official

OCT 2008 - Dec 26, 2008

OCT 2009 - Dec 24, 2009

OCT 2010 - Jan 5, 2011

OCT 2011 - Jan 6, 2012

OCT 2012 - Jan 8, 2013

OCT 2013 - Jan 2, 2014

It looks like we are setting a new precedent here. Also of note, PCS didn't seem to be involved in the 2008 and 2009 results, so their "seemless integration" sure helped get us results faster. Or they just provided 2-3 weeks of extra administrative costs and misc crap.

Back