PA Results...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if this means anything, but new licenses were issued today. Mine still shows EIT, but as of 11:25 AM, licenses PE082925 through PE082931 have been issued. All to out of state engineers. So far I don't see any new PA ones on the list, but they may be getting ready to update.

Try not to get too excited yet though.

This is from NCEES' scoring procedures:

"Some boards use NCEES Exam Administration Services to release the results directly to examinees; some release them through another testing service such as PCS; and other boards release the results themselves. In addition, some state boards must validate the results at a board meeting before they can release them to examinees."

Hopefully, since someone mentioned they had a board meeting scheduled for yesterday, they've wrapped up all their requirements and can get on with issuing the licenses.

Hopefully, since someone mentioned they had a board meeting scheduled for yesterday, they've wrapped up all their requirements and can get on with issuing the licenses.
It's possible, but someone checked into that with the board and they confirmed that no meeting was required to certify the results. And if you look back through the old results threads, most times the results were released before a scheduled meeting. A coworker took his test a two years ago, and his first notification came via email from NCEES. Then a letter from the board followed about two days later. As far as the timing, its pretty clear that something is going on, since we are well behind the normal schedule for release. Somebody screwed up somewhere, and the only thing we know is that nobody will tell us anything.

This is becoming really frustrating. Has anyone contacted the board recently? Not that we will get answers anyway!

I just received an email from PCS confirming the scores have not yet been released. Thanks for the update PCS.

Called the board 10 mins ago and got "We are still experiencing transmittal issues with PCS. They are having issues printing the results" (whatever that means.) She then asked whether I had been contacted by or contacted PCS to get my results (was unaware this was an option?). I told her the only info I had was from my account on pcshq which indicates that I passed. I then asked if I can have confidence that info was correct and she said that 'PCS reports the scores to the state and so those scores should be correct" That makes me feel a little bit better I guess but the 'should' be part is unnerving. She was very accomodating and understanding and I understand she probably has to say 'should' to CYA.

Fifty bucks and a bottle of Scotch to anyone who can explain what "reconciling the scores" means

We should have gotten this email a week ago. Is PCS having the same issue with any other state?

For anyone in western PA, Edgar Snyder would probably love to take on a class action suit. You know, in case shit goes down.

It's interesting to go back to the Oct 2011 PA results and read through the threads. They all seem eerily similar to what we are experiencing.

So today marks 12 weeks. That was the maximum we were supposed to wait according to the PCS website...

The word from PCS that is being spread around my office is that the state is having website issues and the license numbers cannot be mailed out until they can be uploaded to the board's verification page. This seems to make sense. My best guesses for the reason why we don't have our numbers yet:

1.) The .CSV file the PCS intern emailed over to the board was missing all of the commas

2.) The state has a spam program that blocks emails with commas

I guess the longer delay in sorting all of this out this year could also be a combination of both of the above reasons.

Back