PA Results...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"whoa there cowboy"...I'm by no means celebrating as indicated by "not really sure what to believe right now". Just called PCS, lady said basically the same thing...unreal.

PCS shows fail. PA Lic Verif shows EIT and null and an active PE #. Called PCS, they wouldn't say anything except their scores were unofficial. Called the PA Engr Board, they said a license was issued this morning, I'd get it in the mail and that meant I passed.

Not really sure what to believe right now.

Wow that's insane! I would think if you're in the system, you definitely passed. Congratulations! I can't believe how much they've messed things up for us!

I'm still pending on NCEES though....can they just get this done already??

Looks like PA only issued 316 licenses today. I wonder if they just issued everybody a license, but there had to have been more than 316 test takers in October, right?

Brian & waday, did either PCS or the state say they would be rescinding your license, or all of them even?

Also, there were probably 200 - 300 in Pittsburgh as well. Philly probably had even more if I had to guess...

For what it's worth here is my email to PCS and their response:

My Email:

Karen -

As I am sure that you are aware, Pennsylvania issued PE License Numbers today. According to what is on EngineeringBoards.com, there may be some licenses that were not properly issued.

I am listed as "Pass" on the PCS website and received a license number, is it safe to assume that I am a Professional Engineer? What are we to consider official notification of our status?

Thanks,

Response
PCS is aware that there were some licenses issued in error. All parties involved with scores are working together to release the official scores as soon as possible. I apologize for not being able to give you more definitive answers. The official notification of your examination results will come directly from NCEES. As soon as I am able to, I will call NCEES to release the scores to the candidates.

I spoke to PCS and she would only say it looked like some were issued in error and PA was "working very hard to fix it". She said I should have never received the email this morning (which I didn't) and from what I can tell, no one did. I asked if her that if my PCS said "fail" whether or not I should go by that and in a roundabout way said yes. How there could be licenses issued in error is beyond me. All I know is that as of this minute, I have an active PE number and a void EIT number...as of tomorrow, who knows.

At this point, I'm going to just assume I did not pass and continue on with my preparations for April until someone can definitively tell me otherwise.

Sounds to me like PA needs to follow others and drop PCS.

Brian & waday, did either PCS or the state say they would be rescinding your license, or all of them even?
All I was told was to wait several days and check back. Apparently, they also said that PCS would be sending out emails. I asked if they meant NCEES, and she said no, PCS.

If I got a license and the state tried to take it back, I don't even know what kind of insane thing I might do. It would probably be a felony though.
I'm ready to leave PA and this whole mess.

For what it's worth here is my email to PCS and their response:

My Email:

Karen -

As I am sure that you are aware, Pennsylvania issued PE License Numbers today. According to what is on EngineeringBoards.com, there may be some licenses that were not properly issued.

I am listed as "Pass" on the PCS website and received a license number, is it safe to assume that I am a Professional Engineer? What are we to consider official notification of our status?

Thanks,

Response
PCS is aware that there were some licenses issued in error. All parties involved with scores are working together to release the official scores as soon as possible. I apologize for not being able to give you more definitive answers. The official notification of your examination results will come directly from NCEES. As soon as I am able to, I will call NCEES to release the scores to the candidates.
It's nice that you got a response. I never got one to my email.

I spoke to PCS and she would only say it looked like some were issued in error and PA was "working very hard to fix it". She said I should have never received the email this morning (which I didn't) and from what I can tell, no one did. I asked if her that if my PCS said "fail" whether or not I should go by that and in a roundabout way said yes. How there could be licenses issued in error is beyond me. All I know is that as of this minute, I have an active PE number and a void EIT number...as of tomorrow, who knows.

At this point, I'm going to just assume I did not pass and continue on with my preparations for April until someone can definitively tell me otherwise.

Sounds to me like PA needs to follow others and drop PCS.
Agreed

**** guys. What a $hitty position to be in. I hope you all passed!

Also, there were probably 200 - 300 in Pittsburgh as well. Philly probably had even more if I had to guess...

There were barely 100 people in the Philadelphia location...

Now I'm more confused than ever guys.

There are now gaps in registration numbers on the licensepa site (look up PE0829* and PE083* ). Looks like they're correcting?

Back