PA Results...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By my estimation, we should be getting them roughly at the same time as those that pass the April 2015 exam. :suicide:

Got my certificate, wallet cards, and license today in the mail. Looks like they are making some progress.

Also, my seal is definitely bad ass. When it came in the mail last night, I was sealing everything in sight. I got the long reach one for extra functionality.

Did you get the 1 1/2" or 1 3/4" seal?

I don't envision myself using the stamp often (at least not yet), is it better to get the pre-inked stamp or buy the ink pad separately?

I got the 1 3/4" embossing seal and a 1 3/4" rubber stamp. The printout I received with my license and wallet card last night confirmed that the PA code requires that an engineer procure an embossing seal before they can legally use a rubber stamp. The rubber stamp or computer image that most engineers use in PA is considered a facsimile of their embossing seal. I'm not sure if many engineers in this state actually follow this law, but I wanted to do it the right way.

I think I am going to be sealing a lot of drawings, but I am planning to just use the digital version of my seal. If my company had a policy against digital seals, I would have ordered the pre-inked or self-inking stamp.

For anyone wondering about the continuing education requirements prior to renewing your license, new licensees are exempt for this cycle.

Per the PA Engineer, Land Surveyor and Geologist Registration Law (g)(2):

"An individual applying for initial licensure and registration shall be exempt from the requirement set forth in subsection (a) for the licensure period immediately following initial licensure and registration."

I am seeking comity in PA and was wondering, once my NCEES Record is transferred and PA approves me, do I need to take a Law Exam and pay an activation fee (what NJ required) ? Or, once PA approves me is a license # issued automatically?

If you have not yet received your license there is a good chance they have the wrong address on file. I had moved during the application process and changed my address on NCEES and PCS but the board still had my old address. That is the one the license was sent to (10 days ago) and because licenses are not forwarded it was just sitting at the board office. I would call them and check your addresses. If it's wrong they will update and reprint. You will have to wait 7-10 days though. Hope this helps!

Back