Florida license process - more transparency?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassengineer

Reaction score
Does anyone else think FBPE should be a little bit more active in the status of license processing? I haven’t received any notification since the study guide was sent to me. I feel like after working for this for so long and so much money later, the least the board can do in the mean time is send an email saying “you’re application will be reviewed by the board on this date.” I didn’t even get an email saying everything was accepted and I just go on the license website and it says “pending board approval.” Ok. We paid a lot of money and spent a lot of time, can you please be more transparent about where our application is? Maybe just ranting but come on Florida, this isn’t 1990 anymore. You know where your online orders are almost to the geographic location. After $180.00 you’d think the state could let us know what is actually going on. Anyway. Congrats to those who’ve passed.

You know it’s an accomplishment when The VA is processing things transparently faster than a state board. Love my state but really disappointed in the FBPE’s lack of communication.

Have you got your license number? FBPE received my application on 8/22 and was complete on 9/11. Just waiting for the board's approval now

When did you submit your application? I think they do them in order they are recieved but to be honest, I’m not sure.
I literally got it this morning.

I submitted it on 8/22/2023 and everything was complete except for the board approval on 9/11/2023. Just waiting on that part? When did you submit yours? Curious how long it took them to finalize your application

I submitted it on 8/22/2023 and everything was complete except for the board approval on 9/11/2023. Just waiting on that part? When did you submit yours? Curious how long it took them to finalize your application
I submitted mine at the same time. 8/22 and had the same board approval date. so it will probably show up soon, hopefully.

This is my application as of today. Hopefully, they approve it soon

Attachments

• 1696358672762.png
    1696358672762.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 8
That’s exactly what mine looked like. I hope you get it soon. I know how it weighs the mind. Let me know when it happens. Keeping fingers crossed

@Bassengineer, I just saw your post. (Sorry, I haven't been checking the forum as often as I did before the exams went CBT.)

Typically, if you're using an NCEES Record as part of your application, the licensure process can be completed by staff without having to the Board. Once all the material is in, approval may take a week to 10 days.

If you don't use an NCEES Record and the Board has to review the application, it can take over a month since the app reviews only happen when they meet.

I don't have access to your application or status to provide a better answer, so your best bet would be to reach out to your licensure analyst. Angie Henricks handles last names A-K ([email protected] or 850-521-0500 ext. 105) and Lisa Metcalf handles last names L-Z ([email protected] or 850-521-0500 ext. 115).

That’s exactly what mine looked like. I hope you get it soon. I know how it weighs the mind. Let me know when it happens. Keeping fingers crossed
Based on what FBPE replied. Did you apply with the NCEES Record or the normal FBPE application?

@Bassengineer, I just saw your post. (Sorry, I haven't been checking the forum as often as I did before the exams went CBT.)

Typically, if you're using an NCEES Record as part of your application, the licensure process can be completed by staff without having to the Board. Once all the material is in, approval may take a week to 10 days.

If you don't use an NCEES Record and the Board has to review the application, it can take over a month since the app reviews only happen when they meet.

I don't have access to your application or status to provide a better answer, so your best bet would be to reach out to your licensure analyst. Angie Henricks handles last names A-K ([email protected] or 850-521-0500 ext. 105) and Lisa Metcalf handles last names L-Z ([email protected] or 850-521-0500 ext. 115).
Yeah I used the NCEES record. It took much longer than the 10 days. It took probably 10 weeks.

Based on what FBPE replied. Did you apply with the NCEES Record or the normal FBPE application?
How things are going? did you get your license?
I submitted mine mid of October, now I am just waiting for the board approval, will they approve it in the next meeting (November 1st?)

Yeah I used the NCEES record. It took much longer than the 10 days. It took probably 10 weeks.

If you want to DM me your Florida PE number, I can check with the analysts to see what might have taken so long even though you used an NCEES Record.

Really? Is it that long, even with the NCEES record?
Did it takes from (Board Approval-Work in Progress) till you got your license?
Yeah it really did. It seems like it’s difficult to determine a pattern or consistency as it relates to timeliness outside of simply approved or denied. When you look at past meeting notes, some of them have excel files showing timeframes and it essentially ranges anywhere from 10 to 100+ days for no decipherable reason from the data provided. I’m sure there’s a lot that goes into it. It would just be reasonable to gain a little more transparency about the application status or state throughout the approval process. Congratulations on passing the exam, I’m sure you are thrilled.

Really? Is it that long, even with the NCEES record?
Did it takes from (Board Approval-Work in Progress) till you got your license?
@TurkeyBird did you get your license number pretty quickly after the November 1st meeting? My application is complete, except for the line that Board Approval is a Work in Progress.

I know there was FBPE board meeting yesterday, and I'm wondering how much longer I should expect to wait. - I'd love to have a license by Christmas!

I submitted my application with FBPE on December 12. Emailed the board last night after seeing 7-10 days to process with NCEEs Record on their website. They responded back this afternoon saying it will likely take 7-11 weeks to complete the licensure process. A far cry from that they have posted on their site!

Hello,

I submitted my application with NCEES record on 01/24/2024. The application status shows everything completed on 01/31 but still pending for Board approval. I emailed one of the Licensure Analyst and was told that my application was complete and it was forwarded to the director for approval, and it would take 4-6 weeks. I am wondering why it takes 4-6 weeks for approval even though I have the NCEES record. Isn't that the typical timeline for applications without NCEES record? Thank you.

Hello,

I submitted my application with NCEES record on 01/24/2024. The application status shows everything completed on 01/31 but still pending for Board approval. I emailed one of the Licensure Analyst and was told that my application was complete and it was forwarded to the director for approval, and it would take 4-6 weeks. I am wondering why it takes 4-6 weeks for approval even though I have the NCEES record. Isn't that the typical timeline for applications without NCEES record? Thank you.

I apologize for the delay in your application. Typically it wouldn't take as long, but our executive director has been in the U.K. since the first of the month on an NCEES trip to meet with the British engineering counsel about licensure mobility. She returned over the weekend. I'm sure she has a backlog of applications to go through. Plus our Board met last week, which also adds things to her plate. Hopefully yours will be approved quickly.

Back