P-E's Beer Club

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this sounded interesting enough for a hot, summer day.  And being that it's relatively local, I'll give it a whirl...

Holy shit it was awful!  What seems would be light and refreshing was nothing more than alcoholic pickle juice.  Seriously, this tastes like pickle juice.   :puke:
Had you ever had a Gose before you tried that?  Gose is a sour beer, and that is certainly an acquired taste.  I love them, but I don't think I would have tried one advertised as Lime Cucumber flavored.  That just sounds nasty.

I've had Abita To-Gose before and it wasn't bad.  Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!

Abita-To-Gose-Bottle.jpg

I thought this sounded interesting enough for a hot, summer day.  And being that it's relatively local, I'll give it a whirl...

Optimized-Cucumber-lime.jpeg

Holy shit it was awful!  What seems would be light and refreshing was nothing more than alcoholic pickle juice.  Seriously, this tastes like pickle juice.   :puke:
that reminds me of the weird flavored potato chips we buy at our house to keep the kids from eating them all in the first day!

I'd rather eat weird flavored potato chip than beer flavored with lime.  Except corona of course. 

I accidentally grabbed a cucumber lime sports drink before at a gas station and nearly hurled in the car from it.  I can't begin to imagine how terrible that must be as a beer.  

I accidentally grabbed a cucumber lime sports drink before at a gas station and nearly hurled in the car from it.  I can't begin to imagine how terrible that must be as a beer.  

Whoever thought of cucumber flavored Gatorade!  That stuff is disgusting.

I think the one I grabbed might have been a Rockstar Energy drink.  I saw "lime" and it was a 2-for.  One of the biggest mistakes of my life.  

Another thing I like about VT is that they allow any brewery's growlers.  Got five ready to go. 

I'm having a problem with the growler that I bought. It keeps getting emptied. 

most of the brewery's here are cool with other's growlers except one. I had a clear growler and he wouldn't fill it.  he said the clear glass would compromise the quality because the light would break down the beer.  uh, this growler is going to be emptied in two hours i doubt the beer would have time to lose its quality. 

most of the brewery's here are cool with other's growlers except one. I had a clear growler and he wouldn't fill it.  he said the clear glass would compromise the quality because the light would break down the beer.  uh, this growler is going to be emptied in two hours i doubt the beer would have time to lose its quality. 
Where was that?

Geeze. I'm actually surprised - i like the 49th and all, but I figured they were such a tourist focused place (I hesitate to say trap) that they would not turn down anyone's money. 

I really like 49th too and was taken back by this.  but this happened over two years ago so they may have changed their policy or the guy was just in a mood that day.  I really think he just wanted to sell his growlers.

Been enjoying beer brought back from Foam Brewers out of Burlington VT.   Here's their patio.  Overlooks Lake Champlain. Hard to see in the far background though. image.jpeg   Having one called youth lagoon tonight. 

Back