October 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@CAPLS I was sent my seismic results twice but not my surveying results....
I got my results for Surveying and I passed! The email and pdf with results was titled Seismic though, but when I entered in my ID number from my ATT for Surveying the results were clearly for Surveying. So I think they just messed up the titles!

@CAPLS I was sent my seismic results twice but not my surveying results....
I had something similar happen. My email subject said “Seismic Principles”, but when I opened the PDF it was for Surveying. Did that happen to you? 

@CAPLS, do we need to contact the board if the email subject was wrong but the attached PDF was correct? Thanks

I passed surveying too!!! This was my last exam! What a long ordeal.

Congratulations to all who passed. For those who have to take it again, I’m sure you’ll get it next time!

Question: Once we’ve passed all exams, when do we get the “congratulations” email? Do license numbers show up in 2 weeks? Thanks
Hi

Just wanted to know what you used to prepare surveying exam. I'm looking to take it at the end of the month. 

Thanks

Hi

Just wanted to know what you used to prepare surveying exam. I'm looking to take it at the end of the month. 

Thanks
I used the Cuomo book. I also used  “120 Practice Problems” from Amazon. I  liked it, even though the test was a bit more difficult in my opinion. 

Best of luck!!

Hi

Thanks
I studied almost exclusively using the Reza's Civil Surveying Review Workbook and passed surveying on the first try. His quizzes and practice exam was very comparable to the actual exam I felt. Some of the explanations were a little lacking but overall I felt it was a solid workbook. If you can get a copy of the Cuomo book though it should fill in any content gaps from the Reza workbook chapters. 

I studied almost exclusively using the Reza's Civil Surveying Review Workbook and passed surveying on the first try. His quizzes and practice exam was very comparable to the actual exam I felt. Some of the explanations were a little lacking but overall I felt it was a solid workbook. If you can get a copy of the Cuomo book though it should fill in any content gaps from the Reza workbook chapters. 
So I have Civil PE Surveying Review subscription and Rezas workbook. 

The CPESR 5 tests and Rezas problems in the workbook are the only practice tests I have.Hope this should prepare me enough.

Also, how did you pace the exam. Did it require to rush through it or there was ample time to complete the whole set/

The CPESR 5 tests and Rezas problems in the workbook are the only practice tests I have.Hope this should prepare me enough.

Also, how did you pace the exam. Did it require to rush through it or there was ample time to complete the whole set/
If you take the reviews, follow what they say.  The best way is to go through and read every question first.  Knock out your easy answers and mark your hard ones.  Was able to knock out 25 questions in the first 5 min that way.

I didn't feel as rushed as I thought I would be going into the test, but you definitely need to make sure you don't get hung up on any one question because everything is worth the same. I finished going through the test completely and had about 20 minutes to spare so I was able to go back and answer the questions that I knew how to do but knew they'd take a little longer to work so I had put a filler answer to come back to later. The key is knowing how to gauge a problem's difficulty and your own ability to complete it, which is what I think a lot of people get hung up on when taking this exam.

The key is knowing how to gauge a problem's difficulty and your own ability to complete it, which is what I think a lot of people get hung up on when taking this exam.
I had over-prepped for Seismic and I was exactly at this level where I could literally gauge problems at a single sight.

With surveying I am not that comfortable right now but hope the question sets I have would take me to that level.

Thanks for the great inputs. 

Was waiting on my Seismic results and I passed! (Hiner was good enough and all I used)

Have already cleared survey - is there any next step for me and the board to get a PE registration? Or are they going to send me another email with further information?

Much appreciation for the tips and info I've gleaned from this site. 

Have already cleared survey - is there any next step for me and the board to get a PE registration? Or are they going to send me another email with further information?
There shouldn't be any additional forms or anything for you if you've passed everything. The Board releases new numbers on the lookup site every other Friday and the next round of numbers should be posted this Friday, Nov. 20th. From what I hear they also send you an email at some point confirming that you've met all the requirements for licensure but it sounds like sometimes your number is posted to the website before you get that email.

It seems the past Friday (Nov.20th) did not post any new license numbers.
that reminds me...how are you all searching the latest license numbers issued? I was messing around with the search tool yesterday but I couldn't figure it out.

I have been waiting for my license since 10/6 ( the day I received my last exam results). It’s been more than 6 weeks I’m still waiting for my number to show... at this point I’m done speculating when they will post my number

Back