August Exam Results-Survey 2023

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEPASS

Reaction score
Any chance to get the result before labor day? I had Survey exam on early August and waiting for a month to get the result. I am not confident that I can pass survey test. It was sounds difficult to me and blind answered 10 question have that have no idea.

NOTHING. I think next week Tuesday. Which exam you took? I did Survey in August and I am ding Seismic in End of Sept

Just found out I passed seismic and surveying on the first attempt! I would 1000% recommend Hiner for seismic and CPESR for surveying.

Hiner's videos honestly helped me a lot, and the review book is a lifesaver on the exam. The practice exams also helped a lot getting used to the time constraints on the actual exam. Hiner also helped a lot by answering any specific questions I had for him on various topics, as well as breaking down the practice exam questions I missed.

For CPESR, it took me with no survey background (ME major) to feeling confident on the exam within 2 weeks. It was a lot of work, but everything is so neatly organized on the website and the test/quiz center is a great way to get new practice problems and know how to approach any type of problem you encounter.

I did not pass surveying again .. for those people that passed surveying did you answer all questions ? Did you have time at the end? . I was confident I answer at least 40 questions right (I got answer and I was confident). I ended guessing like 6 at the end due to time constrains . Any advice?? I really do not know what else to do ..

I did not pass surveying again .. for those people that passed surveying did you answer all questions ? Did you have time at the end? . I was confident I answer at least 40 questions right (I got answer and I was confident). I ended guessing like 6 at the end due to time constrains . Any advice?? I really do not know what else to do ..
My top recommendation is to acquire Reza's book and thoroughly go through all the chapter questions, as well as the quizzes and 55 questions at the end of the book. A combination of comprehensive preparation using CPESR resources will greatly benefit you. In response to your question, during my initial attempt, I marked around 25-30 questions for later review. I spent the first 30 minutes answering 20 relatively easy questions. Once I returned to the flagged questions with two hours remaining, I focused on tackling the medium difficulty ones and managed to solve approximately 20 of them. Towards the end, I was left with about 5-10 questions that I had to make educated guesses on. I effectively managed my time to ensure I had a chance to review all of the questions. This is not my last exam and I have seismic in 3 weeks.

Any chance to get the result before labor day? I had Survey exam on early August and waiting for a month to get the result. I am not confident that I can pass survey test. It was sounds difficult to me and blind answered 10 question have that have no idea.
Thank you all for using our books and courses for preparation before the Exam!!

We are happy for all those who PASSED!

If you need to retake or prepare, we recommend you take our courses: passpe.com

I could have wrote this myself. Took EET course and studied for about 2 months, was not expecting to fail. Now, shifting gears and signed up for CPESR, hopefully this work next time 🤞.

If it's just surveying, you can get an HP-35s and program it with this:
https://www.dot.state.mn.us/surveying/software/hp35s-programs.pdfIt's menu-driven, and allows you to plug and play most all surveying problems.
You won't have any memory left over for other engineering formulas though.
You can print a cheat sheet to know what program letter to use for each kind of problem.
I just read the rules. They are not allowed to clear your calculator when you enter, but you may need to clear it when you exit.
If you pass it's no problem. If you fail you have to type it all in again.

The vertical curve program is awesome. It steps you through the elevations for each station of the curve.
The area by coordinates is great. Type in the coordinates, it tells you the area in square feet, acres, and the perimeter.

Back