July Exam Results - Surveying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 47937

Reaction score
Ok, I just took the surveying the second time. The first time was a shocker to me as I did not expect to fail. I had to guess on 6-7 questions with 5 min left at the end.

This time, I went through the CPESR workbook more deeply, switch to TI-89 and had some timed practice exams. On the exam, I made sure to double check the calculation each time I used a fomula and read the question again at the end to make sure the answer I got is exactly what the question is asking for (especially when it comes to Northing/Easting, bearing, distance/angles/elevations). I guessed on only 1 question (long calculation-no return), flagged three (long calculation), were 50/50 on 2-3 questions (conceptual). Got left with 20 min at the end; calcualted and answered all those three flagged with confidence. I am saying this time the exam was easier too as I did not see very challenging questions except a few situational survey type questions (Route, Topo, etc.)

I'll share the results when it's out.

Last edited:
Ok, I just took the surveying the second time. The first time was a shocker to me as I did not expect to fail. I had to guess on 6-7 questions with 5 min left at the end.

This time, I went through the CPESR workbook more deeply, switch to TI-89 and had some timed practice exams. On the exam, I made sure to double check the calculation each time I used a fomula and read the question again at the end to make sure the answer I got is exactly what the question is asking for (especially when it comes to Northing/Easting, bearing, distance/angles/elevations). I guessed on only 1 question (long calculation-no return), flagged three (long calculation), were 50/50 on 2-3 questions (conceptual). Got left with 20 min at the end; calcualted and answered all those three flagged with confidence. I am saying this time the exam was easier too as I did not see very challenging questions except a few situational survey type questions (Route, Topo, etc.)

I'll share the results when it's out.
Good Luck.
I'm taking it in couple of days. Overall, how was difficulty level of it?

Good Luck.
I'm taking it in couple of days. Overall, how was difficulty level of it?
Thanks! I'd say it was fairly easy. The total number of questions that might have been tricky to any degree was less than10/55. Most of the questions were like find the right formula and put the numbers in.
If I did not make silly mistakes which I do not really expect, I might get 50/55 right. That is just my personal impression of the exam (with no experience in surveying) and might not exactly represent the actual difficulty of the exam.
Good luck!

Wow, the board just loves to surprise us...did not really expect to have the results this early.
I passed too...Good Luck everyone!

Back