Jan 2024 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorgie

Reaction score
Putting this here
Results expect any day week starting 2/5
from 2-4 am usually
Took surveying had to guess on around 10 from time constraint and some were very not clearly portrayed or detailed.
Answer choices were also very tricky as expected.
Did around 600+ problems on CPESR course until consecutive 80-90+ % on each timed practice test.
Hoping for best!

Seismic was a lot harder. Was more straight forward in last year's cycle with computation problems.
I took seismic end of December and passed got results 1/10. What saved me on that exam was the 30% or so conceptual problems you can just look up. Also had to guess on 10 on that one for time constraint/not knowing how to do them. Had no time to check high or low minimums either.

What's everyone's thought on the level of difficulty of seismic? I followed AEI religiously and was surprised how much the actual questions differed from what was presented in the course. I went into the exam confident, but I ended up feeling pretty bad about it after.

What's everyone's thought on the level of difficulty of seismic? I followed AEI religiously and was surprised how much the actual questions differed from what was presented in the course. I went into the exam confident, but I ended up feeling pretty bad about it after.
I took seismic end of December and same thing I followed AEI schedule and did everything. The exam had easier problems and conceptual exactly like the practice exams almost but some of the problems the had were annoying because twice I encountered not being able to find the risk category level I so I had to use 2 of them 1.25 and 1.5 and process of elimination from answers. Later after test found out the buildings they described wasnt even in the code using control F. Also had to calculate moment of inertia on one but cross section was a perfect square so glad I remembered the formula from memory which was a surprise that it wasn’t given. Then guessed on 10 from time constraint even though I knew some and not knowing how to do them. Same feeling though not sure if I passed and I did. These tests no matter how much you study it’s not exact to the test its 50/50 coming out tbh.

I took seismic end of December and same thing I followed AEI schedule and did everything. The exam had easier problems and conceptual exactly like the practice exams almost but some of the problems the had were annoying because twice I encountered not being able to find the risk category level I so I had to use 2 of them 1.25 and 1.5 and process of elimination from answers. Later after test found out the buildings they described wasnt even in the code using control F. Also had to calculate moment of inertia on one but cross section was a perfect square so glad I remembered the formula from memory which was a surprise that it wasn’t given. Then guessed on 10 from time constraint even though I knew some and not knowing how to do them. Same feeling though not sure if I passed and I did. These tests no matter how much you study it’s not exact to the test its 50/50 coming out tbh.
Any idea when the January 2024 results will come out?

Putting this here
Results expect any day week starting 2/5
from 2-4 am usually
Took surveying had to guess on around 10 from time constraint and some were very not clearly portrayed or detailed.
Answer choices were also very tricky as expected.
Did around 600+ problems on CPESR course until consecutive 80-90+ % on each timed practice test.
Hoping for best!

Ah, awesome. Good luck! Hopefully we hear from them soon!
Good luck everyone

All is is true that the board releases results at 1-3 am?
Also, I am taking surveying this Friday. Any tips/suggestions? Have studied Shahin Mansour and Reza Mahalati’s book. I tool seismic in January and felt is was more difficult that the tests I took at home

Also, I am taking surveying this Friday. Any tips/suggestions? Have studied Shahin Mansour and Reza Mahalati’s book. I tool seismic in January and felt is was more difficult that the tests I took at home
Practice practice practice… that’s the only thing we can do for surveying. Time is the biggest constrain in this exam..
good luck to you!

All is is true that the board releases results at 1-3 am?
Between 2-4 am yes, been staying up, tomorrow is literally the last day it cannot go past midmonth and they like Wednesday releases this is the longest ever taken for results from what I seen.

Survey I wish I would have combined CPESR with Reza, but I posted my first comment what I did. Timing of course, you need to go through each problem and know which ones you can solve very fast and flag the rest, I did like 60% that way, then went back and answered the rest that was medium time, and skipped hard, and saved the hard for last and ended up guessing on 10 for time. It is an easy test, but half the battle is figuring out how to solve the problem from the scenario they give you. Some were poorly written and would not be a real world scenario. I had like 3 slope stake problems which are easy, however they tried to make it cluttered and hard to read the stakes and zoomed far out, so practice those, a lot of scale problems, only one photogrammetry problem where you just find scale given sea distance and average ground elevation. Only one area problem where it was a weird curve but you just use the formula however they gave me stationing like this 00+0030, 00+0050 etc which is very weird and would never approve plans like that, also do not pick an answer off solving half of it pay attention to x and y coordinates they are so mean, I had a question to find x and y coordinates given length and coordinates at another point and degree and my calculator was say 1.15 for x and 2.15 for y, the answers A) 1.15 for x, 2.14 for y or B) 2.15 for x, 1.15 for y so watch for things like this and it did not say pick best answer just assume....
Best advice is yeah you need to be fast but do not let it get in the way of you doing all the work and still choosing the wrong answer, reread question and make sure you are solving for the right thing. It was all blur though not sure how well I did

Last edited:
Back