NCEES News Update

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took SOPE the first time then EET (just the depth WRE) for my second attempt. Pass or fail, EET's review was excellent. SOPE was okay for the bredth. 

This is because the noobs don't seem to care.  :)   Thus far it has been people who passed in previous go-arounds and repeat takers, with just a couple of noobs mixed in from time to time.
I care. I care a lot... :(

I passed years ago and I still occasionally get an email or snail mail advertising those courses. What's even funnier is that they are sending me ads for classes outside my discipline.
Unless you're crazy enough to consider taking it again in another discipline...you, know just for kicks.

New to the boards but I been following so I signed up.

Does it have to be released before the date of the next registration 12/04/17 or will it not let us register for the the pe and say pending results? 

I took it in April and dont remember? does anyone have the first date of opening registration in for the fall PE?

also if your in Texas you can find out the cut score pretty easy I think.  You need a 70% SCALED to pass. 

I got a 45/80 = 56.25% and that equals a 67% in Texas so that means they give you 10.75% bump so you need a true 59.25% to pass which is 47.4/80 so with rounding it could be 47 to 48. Assuming all is linear. 

Any thoughts

Does it have to be released before the date of the next registration 12/04/17 or will it not let us register for the the pe and say pending results? 

I took it in April and dont remember? does anyone have the first date of opening registration in for the fall PE?

also if your in Texas you can find out the cut score pretty easy I think.  You need a 70% SCALED to pass. 

I got a 45/80 = 56.25% and that equals a 67% in Texas so that means they give you 10.75% bump so you need a true 59.25% to pass which is 47.4/80 so with rounding it could be 47 to 48. Assuming all is linear. 

Any thoughts
What depth did you take? I believe it all varies.

Okay, I have been through the following phases so far:

- Denial: "I don't care, the results will be published at some point" -> Checking for results couple times a week or less.

- Acceptance: "Oh well, this is a long wait. But it is Thanksgiving, so it can't be much longer" -> Frequency: 2 to 3 times per week

- Resignation: "Why are the results not being published? This is annoying" -> Frequency about 1 time a day.

- Anxiety: "I can't stand this anymore! I don't care of the results, as long as they are published!" -> Frequency: 2+ times a day.

Do you guys have a clue on when does IL typically publish the results? I have checked that the next board meeting is on 12/12. I hope we don't have to wait that long.

What depth did you take? I believe it all varies.
Power PE

Based on the results in other forums it adds up the highest fail was a 48 for power. So I think find you Texas friends and ask for there diagnostic score and there Texas score and you should be good.

Obviously this per discipline. 

- Anxiety: "I can't stand this anymore! I don't care of the results, as long as they are published!" -> Frequency: 2+ times a day. Constant.

Do you guys have a clue on when does IL typically publish the results? I have checked that the next board meeting is on 12/12. I hope we don't have to wait that long.
It was May 30 in the spring.  So about 5 days later, but that was with a holiday in the way.

Okay, I have been through the following phases so far:

- Denial: "I don't care, the results will be published at some point" -> Checking for results couple times a week or less.

- Acceptance: "Oh well, this is a long wait. But it is Thanksgiving, so it can't be much longer" -> Frequency: 2 to 3 times per week

- Resignation: "Why are the results not being published? This is annoying" -> Frequency about 1 time a day.

- Anxiety: "I can't stand this anymore! I don't care of the results, as long as they are published!" -> Frequency: 2+ times a day.

Literally going crazy... and regardless of the outcome,  a vodka company should sponsor me in December.

Any thoughts
Welcome!

There is no correlation between next registration and release of results. Sometimes the results have been really delayed so long that it was pushing up against the registration deadline for the next test *cough* Pennsylvania *cough*  I never heard of anyone trying to register prior to getting their results though. I suspect it is possible to do.

The "cut score" varies from test to test and cycle to cycle. We've seen 60/80 fail and 53/80 pass. Trying to determine the cut score or any curves is an exercise in futility and stress building.

If they are still using CTS to administer the exam, I'm afraid that date is probably fairly accurate. Like states that use PCS, typically NCEES will release the results to the test administration body for them to "validate" (who knows what that even involves) before then releasing to exam candidates.

:pcs:

If they are still using CTS to administer the exam, I'm afraid that date is probably fairly accurate. Like states that use PCS, typically NCEES will release the results to the test administration body for them to "validate" (who knows what that even involves) before then releasing to exam candidates.
Indeed, they are :(

Welcome!

There is no correlation between next registration and release of results. Sometimes the results have been really delayed so long that it was pushing up against the registration deadline for the next test *cough* Pennsylvania *cough*  I never heard of anyone trying to register prior to getting their results though. I suspect it is possible to do.

The "cut score" varies from test to test and cycle to cycle. We've seen 60/80 fail and 53/80 pass. Trying to determine the cut score or any curves is an exercise in futility and stress building.
So exactly how do you that at 53/80 passed?

Back