NCEES News Update

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I have been through the following phases so far:

- Denial: "I don't care, the results will be published at some point" -> Checking for results couple times a week or less.

- Acceptance: "Oh well, this is a long wait. But it is Thanksgiving, so it can't be much longer" -> Frequency: 3 to 5 times per week

- Resignation: "Why are the results not being published? This is annoying" -> Frequency about 1 time every two hours.

- Anxiety: "I can't stand this anymore! I don't care of the results, as long as they are published!" -> Frequency: every 1-5 minutes.

Do you guys have a clue on when does IL typically publish the results? I have checked that the next board meeting is on 12/12. I hope we don't have to wait that long.
FIFY

No this is not sarcasm or a joke.

How do I check when the California board meets next?

Welcome!

There is no correlation between next registration and release of results. Sometimes the results have been really delayed so long that it was pushing up against the registration deadline for the next test *cough* Pennsylvania *cough*  I never heard of anyone trying to register prior to getting their results though. I suspect it is possible to do.

The "cut score" varies from test to test and cycle to cycle. We've seen 60/80 fail and 53/80 pass. Trying to determine the cut score or any curves is an exercise in futility and stress building.
Ok, on the registration but I am going to keep an eye on it if the 4th passes with no results.

I complete agree with the cut score, it changes per test per cycle but if you fail its nice to be like o I missed it by 2 questions....Like me!!  so you can drive your self nuts for till the next test cycle. Every morning you wake up you idiot you could not get 2 more right so you dont have to study this anymore...

So exactly how do you that at 53/80 passed?
Every test is different he is saying. like civil 2014 could have a cut score of 60/80 but electrical 2014 could be 50/80 but the 2015 could be 63/80 for civil and 49/80 for electrical. 

But by Texas law it must be "70%" so they just scale it to meet that. Other states differ. 

So how would you know that a 63/80 passed?
Sorry, I had it correct the first time. It was a 53. I need to not do five things at once...

It's a bit of an educated guess. After the test people post their failed score on these forums. So if we see a bunch of people failing a given test in a given cycle at, for example 52, and no posts a higher number then its probably a 53. Sometimes the Texas pass result can back this up.

Every test is different he is saying. like civil 2014 could have a cut score of 60/80 but electrical 2014 could be 50/80 but the 2015 could be 63/80 for civil and 49/80 for electrical. 

But by Texas law it must be "70%" so they just scale it to meet that. Other states differ. 
Gosh I hope it is not 63/80. 

And the above only works for the tests where there are a lot of test takers, so we've got a decent sample size, so some of the civil and mechanical tests.

Good luck trying to divine it +/- 3pts for a smaller test like nuclear. And even that requires side-by-side comparison of multi-failed test diagnostics.

Okay, I have been through the following phases so far:

- Denial: "I don't care, the results will be published at some point" -> Checking for results couple times a week or less.

- Acceptance: "Oh well, this is a long wait. But it is Thanksgiving, so it can't be much longer" -> Frequency: 2 to 3 times per week

- Resignation: "Why are the results not being published? This is annoying" -> Frequency about 1 time a day.

- Anxiety: "I can't stand this anymore! I don't care of the results, as long as they are published!" -> Frequency: 2+ times a day.

Do you guys have a clue on when does IL typically publish the results? I have checked that the next board meeting is on 12/12. I hope we don't have to wait that long.
I can totally relate to your exprience Nardo....I have my bets on Dec 7th right around 10:30am Pacific....

Why are we spamming this board and not the NCEES facebook page?
giphy.gif

Has anyone tried logging on to their respective state licensing boards to see if by any chance a license has been issued in your name?  :) 

Back