I won't lie to my kids about Santa

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a5051a6fa824acb1858906569e94cfb8.jpg

However no one really knows if Jesus exists. I don't see a way to attribute the two together in that context.
LOL!

Agreed. There's no scientific proof. ;)

Except for Wikipedia....

Last edited by a moderator:
However no one really knows if Jesus exists. I don't see a way to attribute the two together in that context.
LOL!

Agreed. There's no scientific proof. ;)

Except for Wikipedia....

Stop fanning the flames KF your going to get struck down for blasphemy on Sunday :Chris:

I know that almost everyone (other than a small handful) I know has grown up with the tradition of Santa, and I've not heard one person ever complain that their life is worse because of it, never heard one complain that thier parents are liars who cannot be trusted.

Those kind of articles are written to raise emotions from people about a topic that is near and dear to their hearts. That's how all media tries to operate now.

Oh, and one of my earliest childhood memories I have is someone in Walmart asking what Santa was bringing me. I looked right at him and told what my mom told me. She told me St. Nick was a good guy that helped kids along time ago. But what I heard was "Santas dead." So that's what I told the poor guy.

This is why parents lie to their children... a four-year-old doesn't have the mental capacity to understand things and put them in the right context. It's the same reason we lie to 95-year-olds in nursing homes.

This photo is from a friend of mine's house this morning...

10847829_10102016516691185_4783311929355827176_n.jpg

(they are teaching the kids both of their religions and are active in both communities, but I thought the photo was pretty cool about how a family incorporates the two together)

The Mom is Catholic so that's how the elf fits in I guess, but I'll have to mention that one to her :)

LOL, I was about to say, looks like Catholicism was the pinch of salt at the end of that display :D

Back