I won't lie to my kids about Santa

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rise of the Guardians is a great movie. Plan on watching it when it's a bit closer to Christmas. I agree, the Santa depiction on that is pretty appealing.

The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus (both old and new versions) are great for kids/adults also.

Rise of the Guardians is a great movie. Plan on watching it when it's a bit closer to Christmas. I agree, the Santa depiction on that is pretty appealing.

The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus (both old and new versions) are great for kids/adults also.
rise of the guardians is one of minisnicks Favs.

Random fact time-

Santa Claus' image was created by Coca-cola but his name comes from the translation of Saint Nick in Dutch and Dec 25th most likely wasn't actually the day of the birth of our Savior, it may have been planned that way because of saturnalia and solstice celebrations or because the Jewish scholars calculated his birth based on the date of conception, which they somehow believed corresponded with the date a person dies (evidence of this is the fact that we celebrate the Feast of the Annunciation pretty much 9 months before the end of December on March 25th) In modern science this makes no sense though because a baby is usually not born exactly 9 months from conception and is often closer to 10 months.

Uh, what exactly am I lying about in reference to Jesus? Oh, you mean the fact that he was here or that he performed miracles or that he died and rose again or that he loved sinners like you and me? Those are not lies. Those are historical fact that have been passed down for generations and are heart felt beliefs held dearly by billions of people including myself. BILLIONS. Not that the Bible needs backup, but there are plenty of secular sources that document alot of that, in addition to ancient texts that make up the Textus Receptus. They have not and will not be disproven. Intentionally misleading your child that a fat guy comes down a chimney, that you may or may not have, and puts gifts under the trees of billions of kids in one night IS a lie and you know it. We can have a religious discussion if you would like, but don't lecture me about the validity of mine and billions of other religious beliefs when you perpetuate the lie of Santa to your innocent children. They trust you to tell them the truth and you start their life off with lies. At least what i start my children off with will, hopefully, lead them to be a wholesome, caring, valuable and good adult.

I have my beliefs but ...

Hmm+is+it+too+high+resolution+Godzilla+what+do+you+_1f045c37e8d4b43c0430b160277efdce.png

Uh, what exactly am I lying about in reference to Jesus? Oh, you mean the fact that he was here or that he performed miracles or that he died and rose again or that he loved sinners like you and me? Those are not lies. Those are historical fact that have been passed down for generations and are heart felt beliefs held dearly by billions of people including myself. BILLIONS. Not that the Bible needs backup, but there are plenty of secular sources that document alot of that, in addition to ancient texts that make up the Textus Receptus. They have not and will not be disproven. Intentionally misleading your child that a fat guy comes down a chimney, that you may or may not have, and puts gifts under the trees of billions of kids in one night IS a lie and you know it. We can have a religious discussion if you would like, but don't lecture me about the validity of mine and billions of other religious beliefs when you perpetuate the lie of Santa to your innocent children. They trust you to tell them the truth and you start their life off with lies. At least what i start my children off with will, hopefully, lead them to be a wholesome, caring, valuable and good adult.

This conversation entered the ridiculous once you stated that it is a historical fact that Jesus was here, died, and rose again.

For the sake of everyone's sanity, I'm going to drop the whole religion discussion.

This thread was intended to be a civil discussion of the posted article and a place to discuss how you address the tradition of Santa Claus in your household. I think we all would like it go to back to the original purpose...as much fun as arguing about religion can be.

So your opinion is that the other billion or two of us are disillusioned? I'm sorry, but you're the one that's misguided. The first hit of a 3 second google search provided the following link. Before you read, please know they prove my statements correct. Yes there is differing opinion, but he did exist and "something" miraculous happened involving his death. My faith is that something was his return to Heaven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

This kind of ticks me off if you cant tell. You ask the question "Any thoughts?' on Santa. I give mine and then you ridicule me for it. Great way to perpetuate a conversation.

So your opinion is that the other billion or two of us are disillusioned? I'm sorry, but you're the one that's misguided. The first hit of a 3 second google search provided the following link. Before you read, please know they prove my statements correct. Yes there is differing opinion, but he did exist and "something" miraculous happened involving his death. My faith is that something was his return to Heaven.

This kind of ticks me off if you cant tell. You ask the question "Any thoughts?' on Santa. I give mine and then you ridicule me for it. Great way to perpetuate a conversation.
As Ram mentioned, best to just drop it at this point as religion was not the topic of this thread. Especially since now you're using Wikipedia as a "credible reference". <smh>

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, first hit of a 3 second google search. I can provide more credible references if you like.

As Ram mentioned, best to just drop it at this point as religion was not the topic of this thread. Especially since now you're using Wikipedia as a "credible reference". <smh>

I hope you donated to Wikipedia since you're citing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I'm just waiting for Mike to chime in with the, "Don't forget to donate to EB," comment...

all this holiday talk I need to remember to mail the Hanukkah Card to my friend tomorrow. At least it has a week to get there and still be ontime!!!

Back