I won't lie to my kids about Santa

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We agree minisnick takes the lead on all things Santa. Right now he believes Santa fills the stockings and leaves a single present for kids because even Santa has a budget and toys cost real $$.

wikipediameme.png

Parents lie to their kids all the time.

What parent hasn't?

Anyhow, if your kids somehow grow up resenting you for misleading them about santa, may I suggest a nice machete for the holidays so they can hack you up into little pieces.

I find it hard to believe any real harm came from a kid being told to believe in santa.

I learned about 5 years ago to not get into religious debates on this board, especially with goodal. I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. But, for the record, and most people here know this about me. I'm squarely in Ram's corner on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it hard to believe any real harm came from a kid being told to believe in santa.

I can see where a child might have issues if santa doesn't leave them presents because they are poor. One would think that the whole concept of Santa would be giving and if the child "behaves" then the receive what they wish for... but if the parents can't afford it, then it could be upsetting.

I can see where a child might have issues if santa doesn't leave them presents because they are poor. One would think that the whole concept of Santa would be giving and if the child "behaves" then the receive what they wish for... but if the parents can't afford it, then it could be upsetting.

True, but that is an entirely different debate.

I learned about 5 years ago to not get into religious debates on this board, especially with goodal. I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. But, for the record, and most people here know this about me. I'm squarely in Ram's corner on this.

Never discuss religion, politics and now santa claus.

True, but that is an entirely different debate.

not really, but for the sake of not arguing I'll just say we won't get side tracked

Back