I won't lie to my kids about Santa

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned about 5 years ago to not get into religious debates on this board, especially with goodal. I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. But, for the record, and most people here know this about me. I'm squarely in Ram's corner on this.

Never discuss religion, politics and now santa claus.
You might want to add "cut score" and "release date" to your list.

I learned about 5 years ago to not get into religious debates on this board, especially with goodal. I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. But, for the record, and most people here know this about me. I'm squarely in Ram's corner on this.

Sobriety (or lack there of) should not be brought up either ;)

Sobriety (or lack there of) should not be brought up either ;)
that tends to be a problem for some people here...

Anyone can be Santa...doing something kind for a stranger or someone less fortunate than your self. It is the spirit of the season.

Santa wasn't what set me off. It was this jerk calling me a liar for teaching my children about Jesus. That was totally uncalled for. Just because someone doesn't believe like I do. does not give them the right to call me a liar. I can have a completely civil debate about what I believe, and enjoy them, until you start insulting my religion or my mamma out of ignorance or the assumption that you know better than some dumb ol' Christian.

squirrel.jpg

Santa wasn't what set me off. It was this jerk calling me a liar for teaching my children about Jesus. That was totally uncalled for. Just because someone doesn't believe like I do. does not give them the right to call me a liar. I can have a completely civil debate about what I believe, and enjoy them, until you start insulting my religion or my mamma out of ignorance or the assumption that you know better than some dumb ol' Christian.

<WaitForIt>Let's stay off your mother...

All us parents know that Santa Clause does not exist. However no one really knows if Jesus exists. I don't see a way to attribute the two together in that context.

All us parents know that Santa Clause does not exist. However no one really knows if Jesus exists. I don't see a way to attribute the two together in that context.
My mother places this sign at the end of their driveway at Christmas time.

santa__baby.4381140_std.jpg

she painted it on plywood and did a pretty good job.

We had to take the family Christmas picture with it while we were dressed up as shepards when I was in seventh grade. talk about a picture you pray doesn't make it to school. ever.

Oh, but we do. That's what i was trying to convey at first. The debate isn't about whether he existed. Rather, Its if what he said and reportedly did is true and worth honoring. I say it is. Ramnares apparently does not agree and chooses to insult those that do.

Back