Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its brutal!  :D

Our gym owner usually saves those for like the day after new years, 4th of July, etc, when he knows people have been out drinking and such..

have you done fight gone bad yet? its the worst!
No? I'm afraid to even look it up. We finished yesterday with a 5 minute farmer's hold. Every time you put down the KBs, it was 10 calories on the bike. I figured I could do the RX'd 53 lbs and good gosh do I have teenage boy forearms today. 

i did a barre class last night and used spray paint cans as my weights. 

y'all on another level
Dude. I always tell other women that I'm sure your purse or computer bag that you carry everywhere weighs more than that. I have a friend who carries her dog everywhere, but will select the 2 lb weights. You definitely have more in you than spray paint cans. Now, if you can't source weights, that I'll let slide. 

No? I'm afraid to even look it up. We finished yesterday with a 5 minute farmer's hold. Every time you put down the KBs, it was 10 calories on the bike. I figured I could do the RX'd 53 lbs and good gosh do I have teenage boy forearms today. 

Dude. I always tell other women that I'm sure your purse or computer bag that you carry everywhere weighs more than that. I have a friend who carries her dog everywhere, but will select the 2 lb weights. You definitely have more in you than spray paint cans. Now, if you can't source weights, that I'll let slide. 
sourcing the weights was the problem. also I want to ease into it. I didn't want to let lack of weights be a reason I didn't do it, though. So I improvised. 

so we had some old timers come back to the gym this week, its defin made it better and changed the dynamic of being in a class with the same 2 people, which had gotten pretty old.

Is it wrong to heckle the younger dudes coming back with a little pot belly from the quarantine?  

We had our first partner workout today! I was nervous, because I donated blood last night (which means performance is even shittier than usual) and because I usually avoid things where we have to pick teams. I was going to cancel, but then I emailed our owner and she said to get my butt in there. The bonus was almost everyone bailed so it was just my gym friend and me. It was a 10K row, so 5000 m each. I'll admit that the damper started on 6 and ended on 3, but I did the whole distance. There was a point at the midway where the owner was like, "You want to just row 2 minutes?" and I said, "That sounds good, " and then I never did it. We finished in 46:34, which means we beat at least one team from the 5 AM class. Here's to not being last. 

I'm also glad I go before the noon class because I guarantee those folks are going to bust it out in the 30s. 

My daughter and I did that one a while back- I really liked it.  I don’t recall our time but I think lower 30 minute time frame is really tough...

My 17 year old signed up for weight training at school - which is hard to do online, so I told him since we’re not paying for band this year I’d help him with paying for the on ramp class and then get him a punch card for a couple months....

Wife and I are looking  forward to taking him to his first real class!

8F472FB6-AC49-4648-8CAA-69944E9CEAC7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The other 5 AM times were 40 to 41. There's just a guy in the noon class that can haul on the rower. I often wish I wasn't so short. 

I turned my Spartan registration into equipment and bought two "pancakes" that I filled with sand. One is 20 and one is 50. Anyone work out with these? 

https://www.spartan.com/blogs/unbreakable-training/pancake-workout

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep forgetting to find another spartan race, probably have to go out of state - was actually thinking about a spring one in Vegas -  

I dont really want any home workout equipment -

But the more I see people around town wearing those shirts they all look like a bunch of tools to be honest..

I keep forgetting to find another spartan race, probably have to go out of state - was actually thinking about a spring one in Vegas -  

I dont really want any home workout equipment -

But the more I see people around town wearing those shirts they all look like a bunch of tools to be honest..
It used to give me hope that a lot of chunky middle-aged men had them. Then I gave up on trying to find races. I need to make a spreadsheet of races I deferred to 2021 so I don't double book. 

I was not prepared for how my whole body would hurt after 5000m of rowing. I mean, my ankle hurts? 

Yeah its very annoying, and these races make a killing so I think I am going to take abreak from them - At this point if they gave me half my money back I would take it to be honest - The one in Vegas next year is what I am hoping for since thats a cheap flight.

The rower is really the only thing I am good at at XF,  at first I thought I was gaining female friends  on XF partner days and then I just realzied I was being used for being tall and usually doing some extra calorie pulls for them :(

The rower is really the only thing I am good at at XF,  at first I thought I was gaining female friends  on XF partner days and then I just realzied I was being used for being tall and usually doing some extra calorie pulls for them :(
This was a topic of discussion this morning. "Rowing might be better if I wasn't so short." 

tomorrow sounds pretty fun -

for 40 minutes. 

50M sled pull, starting with 120 lbs for the dudes, increasing by 15 lbs each time until you cant make it in 45 seconds, then you run 200M sprints until time runs out

13 total heats..

Sled PULLS is another things that talll heavy folks are good at :D

If it wasnt for the F'n Covid 15  this would be the perfeect shirtless workout?

It was too hot to care so I set them free - the wife was glad she wasnt there - I mean shit I am 3 years from 50!

Was a fun workout, all the weight felt pretty easy until I got past the body weight, ended up around 5 seconds short of finishing the 255 lb sled, but I blame my cheap owners janky sled which wont hold more than 5 45 lbs plate so at the turn around a plate slid off --

Now that you've gone topless, let us know how many more people ask you to partner up with them for the rower...

Tomorrow is a partner WOD, but I don't know what it contains. I'm 75% I should just cancel now. 
I really think they make you push yourself harder - dont cancel!

- says the guy married to the gal who checks the partner day workout 2 weeks out and tries to develop a mathematical forumula of who will sign up for what time class on that day so she can partner with someone she likes

I think I will still be "popular" Saturday- Partner workout - i'll find out if their eyes went blind..

Like I will straight up do all the rowing if they do the burpees..

Metcon (AMRAP - Reps)
Teams Of 2
AMRAP 30  Minutes
100 Calorie Row
100 Dumbbell Thrusters (50, 35)
100 Burpees
100 Double Crunches

Pick someone who looks like they smell nice or someone you have never partnered with.  One partner works at a time, splitting reps up however you would like.  Dumbbell weight should allow for sets of 5-7 reps at a time. 

Back