Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But will you at least get a t-shirt? I mean that is truly all that matters in the end! ( & that you had fun or some shit...) 

Are they doing it outside?  - I opted out of the Festivus Games I was going to do since Mask wearing is still a think in CO - I think it would totally take the fun out of doing a competition - no high fives or people to egg you on either - so i figured it would suck..
Yep, outside in a big open parking lot.  I suspect we will be in Phase 3 in NC by then (whatever that means), but they will probably just say if you're not currently lifting, stay 6 ft apart and wear a mask.  And you absolutely get a t-shirt.  

I did try ordering some more substantial fabric face masks with charcoal filters and flapper valves to try at the gym.  I had a 70% off coupon for them on Amazon, so we'll see how they fit.  My biggest problem is that the paper masks ride up my face and jab me in the eyeballs. 

Glad they are still doing it, I am bummed I didnt sign up but only 3 gyms in CO were hosting the event and none of them are doing it outside. I know it will be cooler next month, but double unders, power cleans and such just sucks in a mask.. defin takes the fun out of it

I really dont think they work but what I have been doing is using a cheap cotton ski buff, I cut it in half so it doesn't hang on my neck, but I normally bring in two and exchange them when the first one gets soaked- I mainly like this set up because it sits very snug to my face. the only bad thing is that say for box jumps it does cut in to your peripheral vision a little - gotta be careful!  

Last edited by a moderator:
At least I HOPE they're still doing it.  All I know is that it hasn't been cancelled yet.  I'm not required to wear a mask in the gym in SC, only 6' distancing and they're soft-limiting workouts to 1 hour each.  If nobody else is in there I'll take the mask off, but as long as anyone else is in there, it goes on.  I figure worst case scenario we're required to wear masks at the comp, and I'll be ready for it.  If we're not required to wear masks, then I'll just consider it an upgrade.  If they start getting soaked fast from dripping sweat, I may have to bust out an old school headband, 1980's style.

I finally got around to building the plyo box from the website that RG posted and bought a pull-up and dip station. I'm ready to expand my home workouts now! 

15976870461107312429210378678986.jpg

I think I built that same shoe rack!

Box looks nice! I wish I had built that size..

When we stopped the garage workouts when we went back to the gym I stopped posting workouts, but for some reason I thought of Ble when we did this one (dont know why) gym owner named this one after his daughter who was born on that day, Docs thought baby would be 8 lbs so thats where the 8 rounds comes from, little B*** was only 6 lbs so I sort of feel like I got screwed over...;) - give this one a try if you can do any sort of T2B or knee raises from the pull up bar:

(20 min time cap)

Kaydence (Time)
8 Rounds
7 Toes To Bar
7 Thrusters (135, 95)
7 Burpees
20 Double Unders
(20 min time cap)

I finally got around to building the plyo box from the website that RG posted and bought a pull-up and dip station. I'm ready to expand my home workouts now! 

View attachment 18389
shoes in the garage?!   With the open acreage out back, there isn't much we can do, even with constant poison and traps...shoes would be turned into mousey hotels if we did that here.  Bad enough they turned the garage speakers into acorn pantries. They don't come into the house, but keeping them out of the garage is a hard task.

Although not foolproof we put out traps every fall (this is a good reminder) they havent seemed to find the shoes yet, back home the solution was simple, outdoor cat..

^Where else would we put them?? :D  We've always kept our shoes in the garage and we (knock on wood) have never had any issues with any vermin. Of course, now we have an outdoor cat that has adopted our house as her own and she does a good job of keeping those things under control.

Nice!

He better get signed up too!!

So in other strange news.... our gym
Normally does partner workouts WED / SAT- these are fun but usually very aerobic - exhausting - and no fun in 95 deg weather in a box with no AC and masks....

So wifey and I just got a punch card to cycle bar, lol, for those days to “ride” out the end of summer those days... I was sold when they lady who owned the place told me it will be 64 degrees on Wednesday when we show up....

I did one last year and it wasn’t too bad. Somehow they are getting around state mask mandate as well. Half the normal spots or something....

So are these partner workouts not a universal XF thing?

I think they are meant to help maybe push you a little harder (peer pressure) - our owner seems to love them.

But they freak the wife out, she is always scanning the sign up list and trying to figure out who she can partner with - she likes to either partner with me or someone who is slightly less than her ability, cause she doesnt want to feel like she is "bringing someone down" i try and tell her thats not the point..

I didnt care for them at first but now I really like them now that I know most everyone - it was more awkward when I was teamed with a female that I didnt know. Im sure they were like, great old sweaty dude... 

I guess my gym used to do them, but they haven't in a long time. The closest we get to a partner workout is when we have to share a bar at the rig. Last time I thought it was real BS that the married couple didn't partner, but whatever. 

We only have 6 spots on the rig and when the class is full (8) someone has to share. Lately if the wife is in class with me she wants to share because she is still "Corona Kim" - but doing squats is like extra exercise of constantly taking plates on and off I guess.. 

That other gym has a "huge" set up.. would be another bonus if we make a switch!

I prefer to call her Kim COVIDashian.

We were on the rig today and I put on my bitch face and got my own bar. The guys across from me were moving 35-lb plates off between the big muscular guy and the scrawny runner dude sharing the bar. 

CSB- I am still stalking your gyms workout page  from before our gyms opened up- I see y’all have flighty fifty on deck for tomorrow! 

CSB- I am still stalking your gyms workout page  from before our gyms opened up- I see y’all have flighty fifty on deck for tomorrow! 
And it sucked HARD. I ended up doing a very modified version by the end. I'm about to post the carnage on instagram. 

its brutal!  :D

Our gym owner usually saves those for like the day after new years, 4th of July, etc, when he knows people have been out drinking and such..

have you done fight gone bad yet? its the worst!

i did a barre class last night and used spray paint cans as my weights. 

y'all on another level

Back