Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only remember this because we did it yesterday but I hit 77 cals in 4 min (two times hit the same #)

Honestly If I had the right partner would probably shoot for each doing 50 cals and not having to waste time getting off the rower, back on, strapping in, etc..

Im thinking this is one of those workouts that unfornuately you get through the burpees twice :(

this has only happened 1 other time in 18 months so I will drop this here :D

Was not really happy to get back to a 2nd round of burpees but its good to be the king(s) for a day ;)  

IMG_3225.jpg

Back to the gym tonight.  Back has been acting up, but left knee has been REALLY bad after I smacked it into the edge of the storm door when running inside to answer the phone.  Hopefully the knee sleeves/prescription NSAID gel will be enough to make it tolerable tonight.

Back to the gym tonight.  Back has been acting up, but left knee has been REALLY bad after I smacked it into the edge of the storm door when running inside to answer the phone.  Hopefully the knee sleeves/prescription NSAID gel will be enough to make it tolerable tonight.
Hey, buddy, you've got your own fitness thread. 

I'm getting so close to Toes to Bar (T2B)! I can reliably feel the pull and the kip motion and boy aren't those legs swinging up there. I'm not so sure that it's not my mind limiting the movement at this point. My coach was also excited watching me this morning, so dare I say I've gotten stronger again? I'll take it. 

that would be cool and I would be jelly (I can make myself do one but its not pretty)

T2B and our main scale options of Leg Raises are sometimes very mental to me, some days I can execute that kip perfectly and other days I have had to do singles and wear my shoulders out

that would be cool and I would be jelly (I can make myself do one but its not pretty)

T2B and our main scale options of Leg Raises are sometimes very mental to me, some days I can execute that kip perfectly and other days I have had to do singles and wear my shoulders out
I have to yell in my head, "Superman! Hollow hold! Superman! Hollow hold! Head through window!" to keep it all going. Just like other things, my biggest struggle is I get all excited that I'm doing it and I stop. 

Ever fuck your back up, you can feel where it hurts, but then you can't manage to poke/press/prod anywhere to either get relief or make it hurt worse?  That's where I've been for the better part of a week now 😢 

I've tried inverting, stretching, hypervolting, the works, and cannot get relief!

lacross ball?

j/k

Some days I really think 20 min a day in a hot tub would help all my muscle fatia stuff - I just hope my neighbors dont catch me ;)  

Ever fuck your back up, you can feel where it hurts, but then you can't manage to poke/press/prod anywhere to either get relief or make it hurt worse?  That's where I've been for the better part of a week now 😢 

I've tried inverting, stretching, hypervolting, the works, and cannot get relief!
Some people at the gym talk about dry needling and that sounds awful. 

Where's the pain? 

Some people at the gym talk about dry needling and that sounds awful. 

Where's the pain? 
I've had dry needling done before, just not on my back.  It hurts like hell afterwards, like you took a fastball to the whatever.  I wouldn't trust any of the places around here to do it during COVID, though.

It's like if I wasn't fat and had back dimples, that bony area on the lower right side, and it's radiating about half way around my hip and up the erectors in the small of the back.  My whole back is super stiff/frozen though, like it's in "protect this shit" mode.

I've been massaging butt/thighs/adductors/gracilis to no avail, but they're definitely tight. 

Back