Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't thought about it that removing the affiliation means anyone can come in and coach. I like that all of our coaches know better than to keep harping on anyone. 

This morning sucked. I had been wheezy yesterday, but thought I'd be fine. I was not. Luckily I told our gym owner what was going on, dialed it all WAY back, and went about being grumpy because I don't know why I'm wheezy. (Well, I'm asthmatic, but this some allergen kicking my ass right now.)

The guy was just sort of like when you have a new team member added to a project and they feel like they have to over talk everyone to show how smart they are..

So I have a strain on whatever the tendon is that attaches the quad to the knee cap, seems like we just did way too many lunges for a month, so the good news is that I get an excuse from things like wall balls, but the bad news is that I think I am going to be spending too much time with this bitch, seems like this is the end all be all scale option when you have a banged up knee:

5604_1_.jpg

^- can I get that on a t-shirt

Although last night wasn't so bad, instead of doing 30 wall balls, had to sub out 30 calories on the thing, and really I think it was easier?

& I do think its hypocritical that our gym is dropping the affiliate but is going to keep using cross fit as the "certification" process - I guess they have to have some sort of "registered training" but it just doesnt make sense to me...

^- can I get that on a t-shirt

Although last night wasn't so bad, instead of doing 30 wall balls, had to sub out 30 calories on the thing, and really I think it was easier?

& I do think its hypocritical that our gym is dropping the affiliate but is going to keep using cross fit as the "certification" process - I guess they have to have some sort of "registered training" but it just doesnt make sense to me...
Pick your color- https://www.amazon.com/Assault-Weight-Lifting-Training-T-Shirt/dp/B07TY5TC82/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=assault+bike+tshirt&qid=1595949967&sr=8-2

I'd much rather do 30 calories than 30 wall balls! 

This entire thing reminds me of when my old gym offered a class called "X-Fit" because they didn't want to pay the fee. 

Yeah its odd to me, I think they had some loud voices from a handful of people (who I haven't seen at the gym since we opened back up) about the Glassman comments & they felt like they would lose people if they didn't un affiliate (but they lost them anyways) and they are hurting for members.  But the owner and wife are both high school graduates from Montana so I am sure they have lots of marketing and business acumen!  They keep asking me to help share there stuff on FB, and Ive tried to tell them that 90% of my FB people do not live in GA, and the ones that are from CO are already members of this gym!  I recommended they spend some money on advertising in the local mail circular , offer the free class stuff, anything to get folks walking through the door. - 

I also think its funny that a lot of affiliate owners were like, we didn't like Glassman for a long time before his Floyd Comments so we were looking to get out anyways, but if Glassman hadn't been a dick in general  and fought back hard against the (untruthful ) negative publicity generated about crossfit those same people would likely not be owning there own gym without the crossfit name, they would still be teaching "boot camp" workout classes in the park or trying to sell personal training sessions at Lifetime..  I just cant see how they cant see that?

I think Crossfit needed a change because they had gotten stagnant and unless you want to be like Richway, Sears, K Mart, etc you better keep changing or you will die out to the changing copycats out there..

In other news there was debate about whether they should rat out their competitors gyms who are not requiring indoor mask use, I guess they found out that cycle bar, orange theory and the chuze fitness adown the street are not requiring the masks per the state order, there is some verbiage on the cdc website that says they are not recommended for high intensity classes. Our gym asked, and of course go told they had to make us them wear them.  I look at it like I am only getting stronger :D   & it made the wife feel better that everyone has to wear them, she didnt want to be known as "corona kim" and give it to everyone after work one day..

I recommended to the class that afterward we go burn down the Broomfield Municipal Building!

And received a few strange looks from that one school teacher lady... :D

But I think the owners wanted one of us to rat them out, Id be pissed if I was having to play the game and my competitors were not, they should be the ones being the rat!

^^^Same.  Looks like I'm going to be swimming laps the rest of the summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the first year in over a decade together that I actually agree with Mrs. Supe that I wish we had a pool.

been going out for too much tacos and drinks lately - sadly its to avoid the kids, were sort of over making dinner for everyone so we bail and do our own thing a few days a week and let them fend for themselves!

I have always wanted a pool, my parents house in Florida is an L shaped ranch with a covered pool in the middle, its pretty nice, has a 8 foot deep end, which is rare - I could get into going for long swims for exercise in the ocean and then hitting the pool / shower before work!

I was down 4 lbs this morning despite 2 beers/day and eating like shit lately.  I will assume those four pounds are a combination of sweat and pride that I left behind after eating shit on the trail last weekend.  

I will say that I'm pretty disappointed how COVID has impacted my diet.  Most of the stores around here are still forcing rations/item limits.  We used to be able to stock up on multiple packs of a dozen chicken thighs, steaks, etc., which allowed me to grill out, meal prep, and portion once or twice a week.  Now, the package sizes are smaller, and they're limiting you to one or two of each item.  This means that the entire package is gone after every meal, so you're stuck either going to the store 3-4 times a week to restock supplies, or scavenge from whatever is in the fridge/pantry.  This usually means something shitty or high carb, like hot dogs, pasta, etc. 

It's getting increasingly difficult to try and stay healthy as a result of the government-mandated sanctions intended to keep you healthy...

That's so strange we dont have any restrictions on anything, not even TP anymore..

But in general my meal prep has gone to shit.. even being back at the office most days of the week.. I need to get back into that routine.

I have ordered twice from Chicken Pound. Is it expensive? Yes. Does it eliminate me having to batch cook chicken and also get around random meat rationing? Yes. I like the cilantro-lime one the best. I throw it on cauliflower rice and call it lunch, usually with some cheese to meet my fat goal. 

I have ordered twice from Chicken Pound. Is it expensive? Yes. Does it eliminate me having to batch cook chicken and also get around random meat rationing? Yes. I like the cilantro-lime one the best. I throw it on cauliflower rice and call it lunch, usually with some cheese to meet my fat goal. 
Honestly, considering what it costs for seasoning/sauce, charcoal, and time, it's not too terrible.  Is it all breast meat?  Are there any other flavors you recommend?  (The jerk sounds good)

Back