Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two of the three crossfit gyms here dropped crossfit from their name.  one had been dual branding her gym for years and just dropped the crossfit part of the name. The other replaced crossfit with "community fitness"

We're still crossfit at my gym. 

The owner had to answer a lot of questions from everyone because she is married to a black police officer. Everyone was trying to use him as THE person to answer ALL the questions. 

well this looks " Jankey"   (term we use for work that is to spec but just also isnt right)

He re used the letters and bought a new N and E  (shakes head)

XF.jpgIMG_2577.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some elbow grease, Simple Green, paint, and a ladder could probably make that look a LOT better.

All I can think of when you keep saying the name:

61pfZJ1lWqL.jpg

yeah the owner is a huge widespread panic fan - like half our wods are named after their songs - I wonder if he is already in some type of copyright infringement?

One of the larger "boxes" in town is up for sale, I guess covid took a dent in their membership and the owners are trying to sell before their lease is up.

I honestly really worry about ours, they are about to have a baby and the evening classes never have more than 1-2 people. He did say he had signed up a lot of personal training people lately...  but I cant tell he is down at least 10 people that I can think off - thats at least $1500 a month loss..

jelly!  ;)

& since I never seem to make the "Box" Instagram Page I will brag here that I did 1 Hand Stand Push up this morning..

1... but I thought it was pretty cool for a 46 year old!

If i didn't exhaust so much energy getting inverted I might be able to eek out 2 one day..

I think the hand walk up the wall are also like 100X more work to get inverted..

You gotta just go and wing your feet up. It's a skill I'm working on for sure. 

This morning was 5x500m row with a 2 minute break. I for sure made the same face as @akwooly 's kid. I'm pretty short, so rowing for distance is a chore. I wasn't last on the board, though! 

There is something about the difference in a 400M row and a 500M that is very exhausting....

Back