Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess some things just take time.... it’s always my Achilles heal (I also see my fellow tall people struggling with this one)

Also I think I am going to ask for some money back... I guess we repeat this games event every June - max rep burpees for 7 min.... surely you’d think after a year I could get 10 more? Although it was a very long 7 minutes....maybe not the trainers fault....//content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_wink.png I think the pros do like 140 //content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_sad.png
996130b48d857a7fd9f232d76e6d3d6b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think  my burpee target would be 10 total during that 7 minute span.

I am going to make a note to skip this week next year or I will be expected to do 80..

a few younger fuckers in the 6:30 am class got to 113 :(

So our gym dropped their official affiliate membership to cross fit after the previous owner put his foot in his mouth during the Protests..

Since then they (Crossfit Inc) sold the company to a guy in Boulder and already some cool things are happening - for example Free L1 ("Coach") Classes were held in Downtown Atlanta this past weekend - which is cool to me because I think the South in general (all races) can use this exercise model - because biscuits and gravy and fried everything aint going away anytime soon! But exercise usually precipitates better eating..

Some influential people who had left due to Glassman (Previous owner / dickhead) have come back and I think the end result will be something really cool.

But I do realize in the "cancel everything' culture that exists today small business owners may feel they have to drop the name to keep business open, but our owner was asking my business opinion of them changing from "Widespread Crossfit" to "Widespread Fitness" and I told him I think long term its a mistake because the brand will still be strong and in 2 years when all have forgotten what some asshole said they will have a hard time selling (very expensive) monthly gym membership fees for "group fitness classes"  - as compared to selling the crossfit brand. I could be wrong but I dont think we would have walked in the door to "Joes Fitness" at the amount of money it costs.

They plan to still basically do "Crossfit" just without the name - They said many in our area who come in to inquire are intimidated about joining "XF" so maybe they will join "Fitness"? Wonder what they will do when the burpees and sled pushes start? Can they literally say "I didnt sign up for this"? lol

Before Covid I was actually talking with him and another member about becoming a potential investor in their expansion to a new building (like 10%, nothing crazy) - Our owner actually looks at this as a blessing because he thinks he can create his own offshoot of Crossfit - and have people who franchise his business model.  Which I cant really see happening, he is a great coach but his business skills are not super strong - They swapped out the sign above the building last week and I just hope he keeps it so he doesn't have to buy another one in 3 years when he has a hard time selling memberships. Id say based on class sizes he is already down around 40% members dropped since covid started. I want to see the guy succeed and hope he can keep the doors open - He wouldn't tell me whether or not he had an vocal people complaining to him about this issue - But I am sure there were a handful..

At least Widespread Fitness is better than Spread Wide Fitness!

Thats what I feel like when the bills come due!

This morning I made a joke when we were done " Good job at Group Fitness" everybody!

Maybe I will be the first member fired after the name change?

which is cool to me because I think the South in general (all races) can use this exercise model - because biscuits and gravy and fried everything aint going away anytime soon! But exercise usually precipitates better eating..
This was a discussion in the office today. Actually, the real conversation started as- "Man, now I see why people in the South are so lazy; it's too hot to move." Then we talked about how it was hard to eat when it's hot and the thought of eating anything fried was nauseating. 

I defin dont think its "lazy" I think the South just has a higher population of poor people, and poor folks tend to eat like shit...

& I've driven through Wyoming, riding on a $200K tractor isnt what I call "work"

Working out definitely makes me eat better...200 mountain climbers wasted by a glass of wine, dammit.

Trying to fitness.  About died doing fight gone bad. The push presses and wall ball where the only movements I got 25+ reps on. I struggled to get even 10 cals on the rower and 10 reps on the box jumps. But I will add that my box was my loader tire and it’s 24” 

I saw that over the weekend- great work! that would be tough to do in the backyard!

We haven’t done that one since last June - I looked up my score (254 reps) but I don’t know what wall ball and box I was using then- I just remember laying on the floor for a while...

This was a discussion in the office today. Actually, the real conversation started as- "Man, now I see why people in the South are so lazy; it's too hot to move." Then we talked about how it was hard to eat when it's hot and the thought of eating anything fried was nauseating. 
That's part of why the trails are mobbed here right now.  You have about a 90 minute window in the AM and a less comfortable 90 minute window in the PM to ride without dying, so everyone tries to pack in during those three hours, especially the hikers as they're all shared trails.  Even the guy I'm buying the Santa Cruz from, who is my height but in super good shape, told me he had to throw in the towel on Sunday after < 30 minutes because it was just too much.  

Some of the trails in Boulder County are “no bikes” on Saturday’s - of course they always allow fucking pedestrians every day of the week so it’s not super fair (although way less on Sunday’s)- but I mainly like to ride the old forest service roads - not much bike / ped traffic but you do have the hatch out for the Texans on their 4 wheelers

Last edited by a moderator:
I defin dont think its "lazy" I think the South just has a higher population of poor people, and poor folks tend to eat like shit...

& I've driven through Wyoming, riding on a $200K tractor isnt what I call "work"
I meant like all I want to do is lie around, tractor hater. 

Thats why every house has 3 AC units, & not window units, but full HVAC ;)

But I really remember it was easier to run in the SE as compared to here - we had these things called "trees" so you could go for a run, even mid day and the tree canopy helps drop the temps - here if you dont run before the sun is up in the spring / summer you are pretty much SOL.

Back