Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
& you would think the strong man stuff could easily be 20  FT apart? and outside?

I know its for the best but I just really hate working out at home.......

Here is my strava for my 200 M runs [emoji20]

03d111dc5a3a0b66cb9a69e200f605a3.jpg

That’s the thing, there was so much space outside but yet they all stood next to each other Between sets and In between their turns on the implement. They were wiping everything down after every set so that was good to see. 

I think it was 200m run, with Devil Press in between?  I dont pause during the workout but I noticed that leads garmin to tell me I suck as an athlete because my time is so slow - so I normally just set it to Cardio..

had to google reverse burpee, that looks kid of fun (& would be a nice change of pace)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was 200m run, with Devil Press in between?  I dont pause during the workout but I noticed that leads garmin to tell me I suck as an athlete because my time is so slow - so I normally just set it to Cardio..

had to google reverse burpee, that looks kid of fun (& would be a nice change of pace)
I always just set to cardio. I've got 200-800m all mapped around the house. 

Give them a go. If it's hard to get off the ground, try it on a couch cushion. Your old knees will thank you. 

I have been trying to work on mastering the burpee.. do you see those people that can go straight from the 'jump" in the air part directly to the ground?  (without landing the jump and then going to the ground?

We have a few (short) people in our gym that can do that and its amazing how much quicker they can bang out burpees - for me I basically landed on my face and came close to breaking my wrist... so I went back to landing my feet before falling down again :(

but next time we have reg burpees I am going to go reverse, cause there aint no one there to yell at me and tell me I cant...

Also, BTW, my gym is allowed to open up starting next Monday. 
Part of me really wants to get back to the gym, but part of me thinks we need to voluntarily wait a little longer to see how things shake out.

are you going to go back CSB?

I am thinking another 2 weeks is enough time, if there are (still) not bodies stacked in the streets by then, I am going to go back if our Cali wanna bee Governor lets them open.

I did 15 miles on the bike last night, I was in a shitty mood and exercise defin helps - but its so annoying to try and ride on even our 12 FT trails because everyone and there mother is out walking and even though the family of 5 + there dogs are taking up the whole trail somehow I am the asshole for slowing down and going by them - If I am going under 10 mph I dont see the need to say "on your left" especially when these jerks are taking up the whole trail - just like bikes are dicks for not riding single file, so are pedestrians IMO

I would have gotten on the road on the way home but it was close to dark, and I enjoy not being paralyzed - I need to program my body to get up early again so I am going to start getting up and riding early while less people are commuting...

But I dont know how many more home gym workouts we can do, we both get irritated as Fuck doing them together -  may just do 3 rides a week and do the upper body stuff (no metcons) 

Part of me really wants to get back to the gym, but part of me thinks we need to voluntarily wait a little longer to see how things shake out.
I told this to my gym owner after the zoom class and she said that she and another trainer had actually spoken specifically about me. They are going to continue to broadcast the video for the morning class so I can still workout with them and they are letting me hang onto my equipment I checked out. They recognized that I'd be taking the "let's see how this pans out" route and are totally fine with it. They also don't want to be the gym that has the outbreak or killed the asthmatic kid. 

I think part of the issue is whats the definition of "gym"??

Lifetime Fitness versus small gyms / studios where the # of people are limited shouldn't be lumped together..

so based on item k. How are they opening?  

unless group is 20+?
They called the Department of Health and confirmed that the mindset behind that was Gold's Gym spin classes, rather than the size-controlled classes at Crossfit. My gym is going to limit the total to 8 in a class with 1 trainer so everyone can spread out. My gym is very focused on doing everything exactly so the DoH doesn't roll back the allowance. 

Our Gym had a zoom coffee / mimosa call Saturday - wife had to work so I set it up her phone where she could call in ( can you tell who doesn't belong in this Saturday morning call?) 

Gym Zoom.png

She just wanted to see everyone but I think it may have freaked everyone out (& she wasnt even wearing all her normal garb)

They said they plan to open for a max of 4 people next Monday - It sounds like half the gym doesn't feel comfortable going back yet so they may push that another week - The owner offered to set up 3 classes a week that just the "Cates" can attend since we have 3 members,  I think that's pretty cool of him - but we want to make sure we can do that and him be safe - he said he can scream at us from behind some plexi glass.. lol

I'm just hoping my back gets back to normal soon.  I want to start getting up to work out before going downstairs to work.  BUt I am at like a 1.5 weeks since I messed up my back and my left side still twinges really bad when startled or make sudden moves.  

do you have a foam roller or anything to roll it out?  

When my lower back hurts I try and stretch it out with a rubber band and do something called a banded good morning (you can google it if you have any type of resistance bands at home but its a good stretch) - 

I told myself this was the week I get back to waking up and working out early - I did get up early today 5:45 AM but didnt do any working out..  baby steps...

I have been trying to do my strength portion of my workouts in the morning and doing the metabolic conditioning in the afternoons/evenings with the kids. Lately i have been rolling out of bed at 5-5:30 and logging in and working.  i need to stop that nonsense.

Back