Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really forgot how much the strength training part was factored into the classes (I also did some stupid sand bag front squats yesterday so that didnt help) - but defin "low weight / lots of reps" isnt the same as gradually increasing weight over multiple sets

They think they are going to be open fully in 2 weeks?  I haven't seen that in the news - the 9 AM to 4 PM slots filled up though (only 4 people though) but apparently no one wants to get to 5 AM  just yet....

I need to try and get the wife back- even if its just her and me cause her mental health is all kinds of fucked up these days

i reached out to a couple of the previous members of the 5 am club and most all were like  "meh, if I dont have to commute to work there is no need for me to get up at 4:15 am anymore) -

We always had a 5 AM and 6 AM that were usually full - but I am not seeing most of that crowd at all signing up - now they have 5 am and 6:30 to "sanitize"

The 5 am is currently packed with a mix of people who are going to work and working from home. I think it's one of those "5 a.m. is my class time" kind of things. 

So after a shitload of log press volume last night, I thought of you guys and did 30 devil presses.

Who the fuck ever though those were a good idea?

Am I a crossfitter now?

tenor.gif

also your instagram post reminded me that what I really need rogue to make is a full body sleeve?

(not in relation to anything you did other than watching that made my body ache)

like a 5mm wetsuit maybe?  I could use that to be honest right now ;)

My back is killing me from that today, but I do use neoprene shorts for leg days.  You about need a full blown decontamination in the shower afterwards, but the compression and warmth do help.  

i spent an hour with the theragun last night, it defin helped, but I am still walking gently!

Was a bit scared to step on the scale this morning, but thankfully haven't gained at all since I weighed myself a few weeks ago!  Should start to go down again as I get my shit together and up the workout consistency.  

Im not going to do that just yet, not brave enough.. 

planing to get in another semi private class today if no one else signs up at lunch, box back squats, does anyone know if you can rent wheelchairs for the weekend?

Im not going to do that just yet, not brave enough.. 

planing to get in another semi private class today if no one else signs up at lunch, box back squats, does anyone know if you can rent wheelchairs for the weekend?
This sounds like you're going to a questionable brothel. 

I feel like I went to a brothel and tried to skip out without paying and got beaten up by the pimp...

But it felt good to squat again!

Just me in the class - sort of weird to be honest, but I think he was glad to have someone to yell at..  

The whiteboard - I just assume I am always going to be last and then I am occasionally surprised...//content.invisioncic.com/r86644/emoticons/default_wink.png but not often

I took the bike out for a ride again yesterday.  My ass was killing me from the seat before I even made it to the top of the hill.  A 20 minute ride has my sit bones horribly bruised today.  Junior borrowed my bike for a quick spin and said the same thing.  It's basically unusable until I get a new seat.  Ordered one off Amazon that had a good reviews from fat-bottomed-burls, should hopefully be here tomorrow.  Otherwise, I'll just clamp a piece of rebar in place of the seat, since that would probably be more comfortable. 

Back