Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very true on the rice shoretage.  you can use sand as an alternative.

Thank goodness I found the random plates I purchased from Sports Authority when they went out of business. That meant I was able to HPC instead of burpees for part of the workout this morning. Good job, past csb. 

I really miss having a barbell around :(  

Who knew so many people liked to exercise? - I still feel lucky I found a few dumbells a few weeks ago.. ( I bought my kids shotguns when sports authority went out of business, should have at least looked at the weights but I wasnt in that mindset then)  We seem to be doing a lot of single arm DB snatches, cleans, etc and if I didnt have these wed be shit out of luck..

Its odd that now I see 50 burpees and I am like, meh not bad...

But our gym owner is upset people are not using this time to work on Double Unders - so I recommended to him (in secrecy so my gym mates dont kill me) that instead of the scale option for DU's be single unders that it either be DU attempts or burpees..

We have only done a few of the zoom workouts - I like them but the wife is not a fan for whatever reason..

People are gouging like crazy on plates right now.  I've seen $3/lbs for used plates.

yeah I have seen some serious old shit (like those 1980's era weight sets with the plastic covering) going for $300 bucks on nextdoor

I guess my prison workout routine will have to do for now!

A guy that owns a company called "Rep Fitness" here in Denver said he has orders out for 6+ weeks & It looks like by then well be through the worst of it and what are people gonna do with all this shit?

China opened there gyms this week, - everyone has to get there temperature taken to enter and they have stringent hourly cleaning requirements - but our gym owner was so OCD about germs he was doing that anyways way before all this.. 

I added up and in the last 5 weeks since our gym has been closed I have done 825 burpees :(

My squats, cleans, etc have likely gone to shit but banging out 50 solid push ups is no longer a problem..

This morning was bulgarian squats with a ten second hold on the tenth rep and on round four I couldn't stand up off of my left leg. I'm hoping that all of this random shit is making the muscles I ignore usually that much better to do cool shit. 

My Exergenie shows up later today!  Too bad it's too wet/slippery outside for me to use it 😢 

^ - you serious clark?

@csb we have been doing some strange stuff as well, like Turkish get ups - seems easy at first but after a while just ouch..

I am just ready for some barbell work - 

& this has really been a good time for the wife and I to reflect on why we joined a "box" we always get in arguments and fights during workouts - and generally have poor results to show for it

She got mad at something I said and halfway through a 10 round wod that included a 200 M run at the beginning she decided to keep running and not come back.. apparently at home I am not supposed to go faster than her? So from now on I just do extra reps....

yes- maybe insta live?

I am dumb I just realized (5 weeks into these home workouts) that the owner puts demo's of these awful movements on youtube

This one is going to suck, trying to talk my self out of working out tonight:

^I did one of the WODs that you had on Instagram from a couple of weeks ago last night. It kicked my butt pretty good. Plus, it's not fun doing box jumps on my front steps.

That exergenie is a BITCH.  It's really finicky about where the feed line is placed, and if it gets too hot, the rope binds up on the inside at higher resistance levels (it sort of coils up on itself), which makes you come to a dead stop, and tries to pull you back like a bungee cord.  No real problems at lower resistance levels, and it's not perfect, but it sure beats the heck out of having to store a sled and weights for pulling.  And since all the resistance is in line with you, lighter resistances on the scale equate to much heavier feeling pulls.  350 pounds of pull feels like 500+ of chain drags for example.  I still have a huge calf/quad pump today.

i meant to tell you that didnt look very fun...

I know this is a dumb thing to be stressed out about but we heard they were going to let small gyms open but then they backed off - I know that its probably best, but i think if you keep it to 4 -6 people per class or something the risk is pretty low - I think they just lump all gyms together (the globo ones that have 100+ people)

Back