Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CSB -  I think I have the wife talked into this, if you sign up soon you get a *free T-Shirt!  The Novice stuff looks very doable..

I think were doing the one in Thornton..

https://festivusgames.com/

*-$75 Entry Fee  😞 

edit - I am doing the novice / "masters"

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a lot of problems with you people and now youre going to hear about it!

But its supposed to be for the "average joes" - was pretty funny when I heard about it - cant miss out on something Seinfeld related

Will there be burpees around a pole?  Does the meet only end when someone gets pinned in a wrestling match?

Good luck with the novice dong.  Wow you guys are progressive in Denver

giphy.gif

Are you liking the weightlifting aspects of it? (the new gym)
A lot. I've always liked weightlifting in part because there's no coordination required or heavy breathing. The gym is doing a deadlift series, so yesterday was my first day on it, but their fourth week. It was fun to see what I could pick up. 

The Festivus Games are the week before I fly to Ohio for a half marathon. I think I'd otherwise be pretty tempted. 

I will be glad when it warms up a tad. Our gym owner is a bug runner and I feel we are heavier on the running (but maybe that just my perception)- but doing 200M sprints at 5 AM when there is still ice in the parking lot is a lot like what I imagine the Y-Wing Bombers felt like on the run to bomb the death star, one minute you are there and the next you are not!

I tried to spread my money around and not order something from amazon, and ordered directly from Rogue, holy shit by the time the knee sleeves get here my knee pain will be gone!  - almost 2 weeks?

Did you at least get free shipping?

I've been trying to get better at watching what I eat and started using MyFitnessPal again back in January. It's amazing how much your thoughts about food change when you start counting every calorie. It also makes it a lot easier to stop at just one glass of bourbon. Easier, but not impossible! :D  

I had to grab an extra item to hit the free shipping minimum, which is F'n Ground - I think we are so used to being 4 miles away from a large amazon facility where sometimes that shit is there same day you order it.

We really like myfitnesspal also, I seem to log every other day, and If i forget to wear my garmin watch and dont get the workout credit calorie deduction mentally I feel less inclined to enter my food 😄 & it sucks that it only tracks cardio and doesnt give you credit for weight lifting, so I just put my watch to cardio mode and then let it track the whole workout (warm up, strength training and the workout).

Have to brag on my wife, she did her very first "strict" pull up this morning. After 13 months of XF.  She has been doing a bunch of supplemental work at home (we bought a pull up bar and some rings) and she was surprised this morning to pull one off! or up!

You just picked a shitty time to order from Rogue, since pretty much their entire company was at the Arnold Classic for all of last week and this past weekend.

I thought I heard they cancelled the Arnold?

Well after 2 weeks I did finally get my 5mm knee sleeves...used them saturday for a half mile sled push - have to say they were pretty sweet... may also get a 3mm pair for running..

I thought I heard they cancelled the Arnold?

Well after 2 weeks I did finally get my 5mm knee sleeves...used them saturday for a half mile sled push - have to say they were pretty sweet... may also get a 3mm pair for running..
They completely cancelled the expo, and the competitions were closed to spectators - coaches, family, and workers only.

But, Rogue was the host/major sponsor for the entire strongman competition, and I think the powerlifting stuff too?

yeah but 2 weeks! 😄 geesh....

my eldest is home from college, he has defin put on some pounds, nothing crazy but none of his clothes fit very well - I try and use my BIL as an example of another computer programmer (since thats what he wants to do) who weighs 300 lbs and trying to get him to get a little exercise and not eat shit - its a tough lesson to instill apparently!

We had an extra spot in the Saturday class- he declined -

my eldest is home from college, he has defin put on some pounds, nothing crazy but none of his clothes fit very well - I try and use my BIL as an example of another computer programmer (since thats what he wants to do) who weighs 300 lbs and trying to get him to get a little exercise and not eat shit - its a tough lesson to instill apparently!

We had an extra spot in the Saturday class- he declined -
"Hey, fatty, want to go workout?" 

Back