Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real CrossFit athletes just accost people on the street.

I do think its the 5% of the people ruin it for the rest of the people situation..

My wife's cousin (early 30's) went from being addicted to heroin to being addicted to crossfit about the same time we moved out of Atlanta (I guess thats better) but she is one of those people who never shut up about it to anyone, her husband is part owner of a XF gym in Jacksonville, FL. But she has a son the same age as my youngest and they are close, I dread the next time they come out because well have to workout together :(

But I have been trying to get rid of my spare tire for nearly 2 decades and this was the first thing that noticeable worked. But my gym is crowded AF and I dont want anymore competition to get the class times I need so I that is my main reason for not promoting it - I tell people I do cycle bar!

Gracious! and heads up when it hits a year from now be prepared for FB pics [emoji6] 

I showed this to the guy that owns our gym. (he is 40, and even though he has a smaller frame, is strong as shit,  can squat 450+ and also finished the Leadville 100 miler in sub 30 hours-just one of those "the body can do more than the mind type guys") but he just sort of told me that if I could put down the  margaritas and the cheese dip I would be even further along...  geesh, true but not all of us can enjoy an edible to self medicate like people that work for themselves!

Left Pic is around 260 lbs, size 40 waist, never should have gotten there in the first place, right pic is 235, 38 IN pants.. today I am actually wearing 36's - this is all just a ploy by my wife who really just wanted to buy an entire new wardrobe - I didn't realize I would have to do the same thing.. But I wore 34 IN waist Levi's in High schools so 36 is fine for me as I roll into my 50's in a couple of years...

Awesome progress RG! I would look a lot better with my shirt off if I didn't drink as much beer and eat as much crap as I do, but I only get one shot at this life so I want to enjoy it some as well! 

still got a ways to go on the belly!   -  Also don't check out AK's Instagram ab pics btw if you are wanting to cut down on the belly :D

So on Saturday we had "partner" workouts, I teamed with my daughter, 18, who had been saying that "this stuff" isnt all that hard.. it was a rare 40 min program with very little rest, about 30 min into it I could tell she was about to have a total melt down because she wanted to quit but she didn't want to quit in front of the other people in the class, I tried to do some extra reps for her, that just made it worse.. I think partner workout with your family is just a bad recipe..she made it through and was glad to have finished it but It was hard scraping her off the floor.. lols

(off to find AK's insta...)

Partner workouts are great with gym buddies, but with family it feels like being on a bad road trip. 

The kid and I were passing a slam ball back and forth to each other last night when he dropped it on my face. This is another reason to not workout with my family. 

More kettle bells swings!
So I'm used to the cheap sand filled kettlebells, so the other day I go to grab what looks to be a tiny weight. I swear it's about the size of a softball and I'm expecting it to be like 5 lbs and that sucker is 12 lbs. Good gosh. It meant that grabbing the 40 today looked like I grabbed a 15. Cripes. 

Back