Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
double unders were one of the only things i could do really well at crossfit.  thanks to years and years of wresting, so many hours of jumping rope for conditioning and making weight.
I am just getting to the point where I could RX more of the movements but those GD double unders and Toes to Bar are F'n killing me..

Id almost be willing to pay for an hour of one on one instructions if it would get me there, do you think its more technique versus "ability"?

for example back in the day I had to be able to spring 300 meters in like 48 seconds for my FBI interview, couldn't ever do it on my own, hired a coach and after a few days I learned it was mostly technique..

The Wife (Registered Nurse AND a non practicing Registered Dietitian) believes in those things - congrats!

My wife had a pic of me from last February and you never really know how fat your were till you see one of those... 

I am just getting to the point where I could RX more of the movements but those GD double unders and Toes to Bar are F'n killing me..

Id almost be willing to pay for an hour of one on one instructions if it would get me there, do you think its more technique versus "ability"?

for example back in the day I had to be able to spring 300 meters in like 48 seconds for my FBI interview, couldn't ever do it on my own, hired a coach and after a few days I learned it was mostly technique..
i would get a rope so you can practice at home.  i think you just need time.  I wouldn't just grab a rope and do DUs i would do some speed rope drills like do 30s of each: singles, alternating feet, feet together side to side, front to back, high knees, Ali shuffles.

I can do around 200 singles at a time - I figured that would be a good breaking off point?

I think DU attempts is one of the most exhausting things there is!

Should we delete the guy that started the fitness thread in STB just to send us spam

Emails about his personal coaching stuff??

Congrats CSB.  Keep up the good work.  Warning:  pizza is like chips.  One doesn’t do the trick

Tony's up the street from me serves single slices from a 24" pie...

Back