Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best pizza I've ever had is from Joe's Pizza in Williamsport, PA, so I'll have to trust your Joe, too.

I will just assume it's PA Joe, since that pizza place has been open since 1980, and the owner was born in 1944 in Palermo, Italy.  Can't get much more OG than that.

Pizzeria Regina’s is the rave around here.  I’m a big papa Gino’s fan.  I like thin crust.

Pizzeria Regina’s is the rave around here.  I’m a big papa Gino’s fan.  I like thin crust.
I grew up not far from both Pepe's restaurants, which seemingly duke it out every year in several magazines for best pizza in the US.  I liked Joe's better.  Pepe's was occasionally too thin or overdone in the brick oven (I like brick oven, but burnt is burnt).  Granted, Pepe's made a very good white clam pizza with bacon.

Best pizza I've ever had was Joe's in NYC.

For me, nothing can compare to that.

giphy.gif

I had Pizzeria Regina's last week and it was awesome

Last edited by a moderator:
Our Joe is from Italy, too, but he doesn't pretend to be from NYC. 

Pizza craving has subsided...for now. I'm also fairly certain that if I were to dig into one of those delightfully greasy slices at this point in time, having been away from grease for a month, that bad things might happen. 

Just eat it on the toilet and don't worry about it.

and my DU progress seems to be improving, I bought a slightly heavier rope to practice with and can do 2-3 DU in a row before having to do a single

normal progression is:

• Single 
  • DU
  • DU
  • Single
  • DU
  • DU
And it is exhausting as hell practicing them. I  have been looking at it like potty training my kids, if I used pull ups, they would still shit themselves, but at least when I made them wear real underwear they would "feel it" and not want to do again!

So even though it kills my score in the workouts I have just switched to only doing DU - even if its "attempts" - which means I will likely be last on all the timed events that involve DU's for a while.

that is the way to do it RG, ditching the training wheels. you will get it and you are on your way fo' sure already.

So even though it kills my score in the workouts I have just switched to only doing DU - even if its "attempts" - which means I will likely be last on all the timed events that involve DU's for a while.
But will you at least get a participation trophy?

I get a little blue star that says I did the workout "as prescribed", last, but still "as prescribed" ;)

My daughter started going (she is paying half) and I was super pissed she did a hand stand push up first try, must be nice to not be fat! (and young) - I can do the Hand Stand "hold" but not the PU part - for me just 30 seconds at the Hand stand hold is a F'n miracle :)

But this month they started making Wednesdays workouts where they spend some time working on the harder movements, DU's, Muscle Ups, Toes to Bar, Hand Stand Holds and Hand Stand PU's - only 10 minutes and you just pick one but it has definitely helped to get a little guidance. I am just going to master DU's and then tackle Toes to Bar, but I got to get my shoulders stronger..

But this month they started making Wednesdays workouts where they spend some time working on the harder movements, DU's, Muscle Ups, Toes to Bar, Hand Stand Holds and Hand Stand PU's - only 10 minutes and you just pick one but it has definitely helped to get a little guidance. I am just going to master DU's and then tackle Toes to Bar, but I got to get my shoulders stronger..
So do you talk incessantly to all your friends about CrossFit yet?

Back