Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ac292ff1fcbe9060aab19219e6b4de41.jpg
Heh heh... heh...

I start a six-week challenge at my gym tomorrow. I'm fairly certain that the biggest challenge will be cutting down my daily calorie intake from 4000 to 1600. Such bullshit. 

1600 calories?? That doesn't seem like much, especially if the challenge you're doing involves increased exercise in terms of either quantity or effort.

I don't actually know my calorie limit and I'm banking on I don't actually have that number handed to me, but instead I have an eating plan written for me. I am fairly active to remain this level of chunky. 

the young people make fun of me but I figured out that when I get drug to Qdoba if I get a bowl and no tortilla and no rice it saves like >500 calories.

In the construction industry its hard to eat healthy and they just call my lunch a bowl of sadness...

I start a six-week challenge at my gym tomorrow. I'm fairly certain that the biggest challenge will be cutting down my daily calorie intake from 4000 to 1600. Such bullshit. 
I never lost much weight by cutting calories and working out until around the third week.  Anyone else plagued by delayed onset weight loss?

I never actually count them but I just tend to not eat a bunch of shit when I am working out - except today I did a 5 am workout and am now at snooze having the baconator....

Now that it’s winter and ice coffee season is over I expect to drop 5 lbs this week!

Even for fatty me that stuff is way too sweet-

I’m back to my Dunkin’ Donuts roast!

I have put on 7 pounds in the last four weeks. Carbs have been reintroduced and protein has increased with this training cycle. Lots of volume and I needed the carbs to help recover. I hate this bloating though. 

My big lifts were dropping off every week on the caloric deficit.  I have started a much lighter but significantly increased volume regiment, and I hate every minute of it.  It is nice to wake up and not feel like you've been hit by a truck, though.  

Pro - I found out that we have a fitness center in the building (it used to basically be a walk-in closet with a treadmill in it), but they opened it up and added some equipment when they remodeled.  As a result, I can now fit in light shoulder/chest/PT exercises every day during the morning or at lunch since they have a cable machine!

I am on the first week of my meal plan. I'm on a macro based plan, which means my day is supposed to go:

Protein, carb, veggies

Protein shake

Protein, carb, veggies

Protein shake

Protein, veggies, fat

That double protein shake thing is not quite within reach for me. I also realized that I'm a lazy eater- spinach is way harder to eat than a french fry. All this chewing is wearing me out. 

I am on the first week of my meal plan. I'm on a macro based plan, which means my day is supposed to go:

Protein, carb, veggies

Protein shake

Protein, carb, veggies

Protein shake

Protein, veggies, fat

That double protein shake thing is not quite within reach for me. I also realized that I'm a lazy eater- spinach is way harder to eat than a french fry. All this chewing is wearing me out. 
Veggies would be the hardest part for me.  What are you doing for your veggie dishes?  Raw, cooked, or hiding them in something?

Back