Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I sort of knew this was coming so I spent 2 months hitting the 6 AM class then transitioned into the 5 am class so that It wasn't such a shock to the system.

Previously I was going to the 6 PM class, and I prefer the people in that class, closer to my age (ability) & generally more things in common - but it is what it is! But the bad thing about going in the evening is  wouldn't really get to eat until 7:30 and then I couldn't wind down and get to bed at a reasonable hour.

I'm an AM workout-er too, but all I have to do is roll out of bed and down to the basement.  So, up at 5 AM, feed the dogs, workout/stretching done by 6:15 and at work by 7:30.  Which means in bed around 9:30.  I tried to get my wife to join me, but she says she just can't handle working out in the morning.

I was never a monring workout person until last year when we moved to Guam. I've been getting up at 5:45 every workday to run or do resistance training. now that I am used to it, I wonder why I never did this before. It's so nice to jsut be able to come home after work and relax. 

But I don't know about getting up at 4:00....

Darn, missed my morning workout today due to being up late last night (post wildcard game drowning of sorrows in trying to get out of the stadium and then chicken and waffles) and up early for a site meeting.

Instead of doing it tonight, I'm just going to take today as a rest day and not take a break on Sunday this weekend.

I wake up at 4:15a to workout but don’t actually start lifting until 4:45-5a. Takes me about 30 minutes to really get going, coffee, feed the dog, go for a quick walk/jog with the dog then that’s about the right amount of time for that coffee to do it’s business. Then finally actually start working out. 

That’s me- I have to have some time before I go - so I wake up at 4, the wife can roll out of bed at 4:40 and make it there but my body doesn’t work that way...

Hit 4 of 5 days this week at 0500... feels weird to sleep in now but today I could climb back in the bed....

This morning was hard to get out of bed. I have the dog conditioned(or i am the one who is) when she hears my alarm in the morning she thinks she gets fed.  so she just stares at me and even puts her wet nose in my face to get me up.

Last edited by a moderator:
its funny our dog is getting up there in years, normally she would hear me coming downstairs and be up no matter what time it is,  but at 4:30 she looks at me and then lays back down - I generally let her out when I get back at 6 AM

I fell asleep on the couch at 7:15 last night. This is what waking up at 4:30 a.m. to work out eventually leads to for me. 

I am now a cranky little bitch if I am up past 9-

This morning I was going to go at 6 because I don’t have to commute - but ended up going at 5 anyways because I was up at 4....

Also yesterday the strong dudes must have stayed home cause I got the “TOP” on the leaderboard for like first time Eva....

ac292ff1fcbe9060aab19219e6b4de41.jpg

also learned another regular 5 AM dude is  "The" US Attorney for Colorado (like the kind that get appointed by the POTUS / senate / etc). I was like cool, I am basically a construction worker . lol..

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that show was golden ^
I still laugh when I think about the episode where Robbie was using "thornoids" (steroids) to get jacked to impress a girl, and they were these little furry, spiky balls with troll faces on them.

I feel like a truck ran me over this past weekend.

The entire Supe family volunteered to work the "Queen City's Strongest" strongman competition up in Concord.  Mrs. Supe and Junior helped with setup and timing duties.  I had the misfortune of doing the weight changes and resets for the alternating press and farmers walk events.  The alternating press wasn't too bad, since the implements were dropped pretty close to where they needed to be, but it seemed like everyone was dropping their farmers implements mid course.  We opted to only use the dolly for the really heavy weights because just carrying them was faster, and we wanted to keep the competition moving.  So while the average person went between 75-100 feet of farmers carry for the competition, I think I had the pleasure of carrying them about 500 feet or so over the course of the afternoon.  Didn't realize how much work that was until I woke up Sunday morning! 

It was a well run event, though, and we all had a great time helping out.  We did score free t-shirts for volunteering, and they're nice ones!

Back