Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah if you don't run at all for 6 months and then go try to beat a personal record on a 5k!
Midnight Sun Run 10K next week, trying to beat one hour.  I tried running this week and got about ten minutes in and said this is bull sh$t.

like blew 3lbs of chunks?  or gained 3lb? 
14-sloth-GOONIES.jpg

CHUNK!

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a long, high altitude bike ride yesterday with a ton of elevation change, but I left my garmin watch at home.. it feels like it didn't even count :(

I tried to download it when I got to the parking lot and then didn't have time to sign up for all the bullshit so I just actually rode with no data, like a mad man...

So in other fitness news, the wife is now a full on crazy crossfit person, down 20 lbs since January - I think she just wanted an excuse to buy new clothes... but as I mentioned in the past I have gotten suckered into going to the "partner workouts" with her, usually 2 times a week, I buy a punch card which gets me 2 days a week for about 2 months.. Last week on "partner workout day" the workout involved lots of running, it was hot out and  the wife didn't want to do it and cancelled at the last minute. I didn't get "the memo" and I got to partner with a nice young lady, super fit, cool crazy arm tattoos, a little scare looking, id totally buy her a house if you know what I mean.. (she was also way above my fitness level) for a fun workout consisting of :

1) rowing a mile - each partner does half a mile

2) running a mile while switching off carrying a 20# "wall ball

3) followed by another mile on the rower.

yes it totally sucked..

But we were the #1 scoring team for the day, meaning we finished ahead of all the other people that day. 
The next morning my wife was at the "box" and this gal was also there and was talking about how funny I am :D , and how strong on the rower I was :D ,and then yeah I have been getting shit from the wife all week for this. Oh your funny with Aimee? Oh you can row hard when you partner with Aimee!

Jesus F'n Christ- I wasn't even supposed to be here today!

Last edited by a moderator:
 I didn't get "the memo" and I got to partner with a nice young lady, super fit, cool crazy arm tattoos, a little scare looking, id totally buy her a house if you know what I mean.. (she was also way above my fitness level) for a fun workout consisting of :
Man, these innuendos are getting really weird...

Sounds like a killer workout though!

Something about eating a grape?

I do totally dominate on the Rower - but suck at most everything else they do...

One workout was just how many burpees you can do In 15 min? I was just like why am I doing this to myself?

Turns out that having pneumonia still isn't helpful to overall fitness. However, I hit my second weight loss competition goal and the running is getting back to somewhere. However, any kind of physical activity then causes lung pain after, thanks to ongoing inflammation, and I'm exhausted. It's a weird balance that I'm not sick, but I'm not well. 

Turns out that having pneumonia still isn't helpful to overall fitness. However, I hit my second weight loss competition goal and the running is getting back to somewhere. However, any kind of physical activity then causes lung pain after, thanks to ongoing inflammation, and I'm exhausted. It's a weird balance that I'm not sick, but I'm not well. 

So in other fitness news, the wife is now a full on crazy crossfit person, down 20 lbs since January - I think she just wanted an excuse to buy new clothes... but as I mentioned in the past I have gotten suckered into going to the "partner workouts" with her, usually 2 times a week, I buy a punch card which gets me 2 days a week for about 2 months.. Last week on "partner workout day" the workout involved lots of running, it was hot out and  the wife didn't want to do it and cancelled at the last minute. I didn't get "the memo" and I got to partner with a nice young lady, super fit, cool crazy arm tattoos, a little scare looking, id totally buy her a house if you know what I mean.. (she was also way above my fitness level) for a fun workout consisting of :

1) rowing a mile - each partner does half a mile

2) running a mile while switching off carrying a 20# "wall ball

3) followed by another mile on the rower.

yes it totally sucked..

But we were the #1 scoring team for the day, meaning we finished ahead of all the other people that day. 
The next morning my wife was at the "box" and this gal was also there and was talking about how funny I am :D , and how strong on the rower I was :D ,and then yeah I have been getting shit from the wife all week for this. Oh your funny with Aimee? Oh you can row hard when you partner with Aimee!

Jesus F'n Christ- I wasn't even supposed to be here today!
your wife will think twice before canceling next time!

not sure if any of yall use this or not, but I have been using the kiosk thing in the pharmacy section at our Kroger.  It looks like a blood pressure machine but it also checks your weight and has a set up to check your % bod fat.  I've been logging in about once ever 2 weeks and its cool to see that data change.

I believe its called a higi - & of course it has an app :D

Helps my brain when I am not losing a lot of weight but losing body fat % makes it all seem ok!

Back