Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want a relaxing yoga class, make sure it has "Hatha", "you", or "restorative" in the name or description. If it says "power" or "vinyasa", you can bet on it keeping your heart rate up and being pretty active with a variable level of difficulty depending on the specific class.

Sounds like you weren't doing a beginner class, RG... Was the two handed pose called crow pose? I can't do that, but I've also never really trained up to try it.
I think it was core power yoga?

At the end the instructor and some of the experts were trying out those high speed poses - We were just doing the normal stuff I guess, maybe I am just not that flexible.. yet!

I set a goal to do some type of workout every day in May - So far I have done that and have 4 days to go! I've been alternating between upper / lower body at the gym, cardio, bike rides, etc.. It was the main reason I tried to add some of that weird (to me) stuff like yoga and the cycle bar, one day it rained and I just jump roped in the garage for around 40 minutes - the wife has been trying to do these "double unders" with her XF cult friends, I nailed one of those on like the 4th try ;)  -  I was mainly trying to train the brain that it "needed" to work out and I believe for that part it worked.

For having an old mans body at 45 the daily pain in the morning stopped around the 2nd week :D

I think it was core power yoga?

At the end the instructor and some of the experts were trying out those high speed poses - We were just doing the normal stuff I guess, maybe I am just not that flexible.. yet!
Oh, Core Power Yoga at a Core Power Yoga specific studio? Did you use weights in the class?

I've only done a Core Power Class once, and it wasn't even an official one (I was a guinea pig for my friend who now teaches there). I remember doing a million vinyasanas! 

there were no weights, i think it was called hot fusion? I just remember being tired...

I have determined running is worse on the body than strongman or powerlifting training.

yeah but its hard to run wrong, do a 70# American kettle bell swing wrong and you (I) wont walk upright for a few days :D

have you done swings(russian or american) with a 3 pood kb?  those are fun. i snatched one once and only once and never again.

Or no training runs since my last 5k a month ago and try to sprint a mile. 

I chunked up three pounds last week on my bike ride, but considering that I was coming off a lot of muscle loss from pneumonia, I'm okay with it. 

Back