Fitness Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
holy crap.  have you ever seen Stefi cohen squat or deadlift? she has a bw of 129 lbs and she pulls and squats 500.
Yep.  Look up Rhianon Lovelace, too.  She's pulled over 540 conventional, 500+ squat, and has I think a 1227 total at 132 lbs.  She's targeting a geared 600lbs DL by EOY.

I haven't weighed myself in weeks, the last month i have started carb cycling.  five days of keto(40g of carbs) then two days of carbo loading(513g of carbs) . Honestly after two days of eating carbs i am screaming to get back into ketosis.  i was super stoked thinking man i can't wait to see what the scale says and i was pretty bummed to see that the scale hasn't moved, stuck at 217. (-20 since jan 3 so yay)  i was thinking i had lost a lot more in the last month because i moved two notches on my belt, my lifting belt is on its last notch(last time that happened i was at 198), my pants are baggy and my shirts fit differently. I  am kicking myself for not taking progress pics but in looking back at pics of me from a month ago and taking some today there is huge difference in body composition(bicep veins and more pronounced fabs(fat abs)). I guess i have been recomping (slowly losing fat and building muscle). 

also- great sadness, i shaved my mustache. :(
Do you have a link or book you can recommend for your diet? And does beer count for carb loading?

https://powerathletehq.com/nutrition/

I bought the Keto template back in January. pretty simple excel sheet. The template along with tracking everything in MyFitnessPal. I have followed John Welborn for a long time starting with his Crossfit Football programming then his Field strong and Jacked street programming.  He seems to have a no nonsense approach to training and nutrition without gimmicks etc.

as for beer, i track those carbs and count it as carb loading!

so did I but we're engineers so I culdn't just ignore it.
i hear ya. lol  pointing that stuff out like that annoys the hell out of my wife, who is not an engineer and i do it all the time.

Haha thanks for calling me out on that, MA! It was me being lazy in my mind.
It's a common rationale when, even though people go to the gym, they can't seem to lose (and might even gain) weight.  I use it myself until I get called out on it.

is this how everyone else feels after squat day??

BTh8PKGCIAES2FD.jpg:large

running another 5k Saturday.  have done absolutely zero since my last 5k.  but the calf is feeling better so maybe i can run without it knotting up.

Good luck! Don't mess it up more. Might you try to do a practice mile maybe today or tomorrow?

Remember you can always walk it, too.

lol i am too stupid to walk.  i could have walked on my last 5k run but i was going to beat Beethoven no matter what.

I have the boulder bolder 10k coming up Memorial Day... have run maybe 8 miles the last month.....

But I am just running it so@CSB can post another pic where Krak thinks I look like a midget!

And for the Doritos corner!!!

And the beer....

And the chewburger...

Back