April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did any of you guys that took AEI still failed the PE Civil Structural?

Last edited:
Anyone too scared to open the [email protected] email, whenever it arrives and just days later start looking at the State License Lookup to see if it eventually shows one as a PE? That way if after a few weeks still not showing probably means you failed, but if you pass, praise the lord! That way you do not have to risk seeing that horrifying red "FAIL" on the NCEES and figure out in a more dignified manner. LOL. However, you may have to be willing to wait days/weeks longer as I have no idea how quickly after receiving a PASS result the State Board updates the license lookup. Just do not know if I am brave enough to face that red FAIL again, if it happens!
tenor.gif

Some States require another step between passing and getting a license, so I'm not sure it's applicable to all 55 jurisdictions. And I doubt anyone has the willpower to wait that long knowing the results are right there. ;)

LOL it's been a while since hearing engineers called nerds. Back in college, the campus I was on had predominantly engineering and pharmacy students. We used to call each other enginerds and pharmageeks. Sadly that's where the rivalry ended as we'd hit our books and not each other :geek::geek:.
Which school was this? I'm trying to think of schools that are primarily known for engineering and pharmacy and I'm drawing a blank.

is today the day?👀👀👀
It's 10:17 PM edt right now and I can safely say: No.

Whenever the thread hits this point, it always feels like we're prisoners, dreaming about the day we get out lol
tenor.gif

TMI BUT When I get anxiety it is physical. And by physical I mean :poop::poop::poop: This morning it started and my husband was like, "what did you eat". Then I realized I was on here reading all these post yesterday. haha Here we go~

Have you tried the spam thread:
https://engineerboards.com/threads/april-2021-15k-spam-thread.36908/
Dude, not even a month has passed since I sat for the two hellish days of the S.E. Exam. I haven’t checked NCEES once, which is mildly surprising to me.
You've been through this already plenty of times. You know the drill.

The wait is killing me! For those that have already been through this... what is the likelihood of happening to refresh your NCEES dashboard and see the results before the email comes through? I have been leaving my email and the NCEES dashboard open constantly since yesterday and I keep refreshing.... have some actually seen it by obsessive refreshing before the email triggers?
At this stage of the wait? Near zero.
It's a different story after States start releasing. Some people see it on the dashboard up to 30 min before they get the email, some people get the email first, despite the constant F5'ing.
Anecdotally it seems to vary by State. With some States getting the email simultaneous with the dashboard updating, and other States sending the email later. The emails all generally come from NCEES so one wouldn't expect there to be a difference, but there at least appears to be one.

Thanks, good to know. So F5 on the dashboard isn't futile...
It's not futile after the first release. It's sort of pointless right now.

honestly I just hit F5 on this forum because I figure someone will check in. LOL
200w.gif

Honestly, this thread will probably be the first place that it gets reported. In the past people get the email, check the dashboard, then post here within a couple minutes.
I've never heard of someone F5'ing and being the first (nationwide) to see results.

It might sting a little more though than if you prepared and gathered yourself before opening the email. If you hit F5 for an hour or so and all of a sudde-BAM YOU FAILED
I had to go through this process twice. There were two days between the initial release and when Maryland finally releases. It was hell. Time stands still. You're wracked with stress and unable to do anything beyond basic existence. That period is literally the worst part of this whole process. @leggo PE

During those ~48 hrs I was F5'ing every couple minutes. I was ready to accept that a red or green box could appear at any moment.
At one point I had to use the restroom. I F5'ed. Nothing new. Left my office, locked the door and walked down the hall. Not even 45 seconds later I got the email.
There was this weird sense of calm. It was at peace with whatever fate had for me. I finished what I had to do without any urgency. Washed my hands. Walked back to the office, unlocked the door, walked in and closed it behind me. Sat in my chair, logged on, readied myself, took a deep breath and hit F5.

I passed.

I sat in my chair feeling elated and stress free for the first time in over a year. I took a few minutes to absorb it all and calm down. And then sent messages to a few close ones before talking to others in the office.

The rest of the day was great. I didn't get any work done, but it was still great.

Has anyone tried hitting F5?????asking for a friend...I hear if it is hit enough times then NCEES releases the results........
Or it looks like a DDOS attack and it crashes the site. Seriously, please don't do this!

No bad! We no want to hear about June results. These results shall not taint my birth month👸👸👸
Remind me again if you're in Pennsylvania, Georgia, or Hawaii? Because mid-June is totally in play for the PE in those States.

tenor.gif

Some States require another step between passing and getting a license, so I'm not sure it's applicable to all 55 jurisdictions. And I doubt anyone has the willpower to wait that long knowing the results are right there. ;)

Which school was this? I'm trying to think of schools that are primarily known for engineering and pharmacy and I'm drawing a blank.

tenor.gif

It's a different story after States start releasing. Some people see it on the dashboard up to 30 min before they get the email, some people get the email first, despite the constant F5'ing.
Anecdotally it seems to vary by State. With some States getting the email simultaneous with the dashboard updating, and other States sending the email later. The emails all generally come from NCEES so one wouldn't expect there to be a difference, but there at least appears to be one.

200w.gif

Honestly, this thread will probably be the first place that it gets reported. In the past people get the email, check the dashboard, then post here within a couple minutes.
I've never heard of someone F5'ing and being the first (nationwide) to see results.

I had to go through this process twice. There were two days between the initial release and when Maryland finally releases. It was hell. Time stands still. You're wracked with stress and unable to do anything beyond basic existence. That period is literally the worst part of this whole process. @leggo PE

During those ~48 hrs I was F5'ing every couple minutes. I was ready to accept that a red or green box could appear at any moment.
At one point I had to use the restroom. I F5'ed. Nothing new. Left my office, locked the door and walked down the hall. Not even 45 seconds later I got the email.
There was this weird sense of calm. It was at peace with whatever fate had for me. I finished what I had to do without any urgency. Washed my hands. Walked back to the office, unlocked the door, walked in and closed it behind me. Sat in my chair, logged on, readied myself, took a deep breath and hit F5.

I passed.

I sat in my chair feeling elated and stress free for the first time in over a year. I took a few minutes to absorb it all and calm down. And then sent messages to a few close ones before talking to others in the office.

The rest of the day was great. I didn't get any work done, but it was still great.

Or it looks like a DDOS attack and it crashes the site. Seriously, please don't do this!

Remind me again if you're in Pennsylvania, Georgia, or Hawaii? Because mid-June is totally in play for the PE in those States.
Hero reply.

But alas....

Did any of you guys that took AEI or EET still failed the PE Civil Structural?
I took EET for Civil Structural. Although I don’t have my results yet, I will say it was a great study tool for the afternoon portion. However, whether questions on the exam matched up with the material in EET was hit or miss

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

200w.gif

I passed.

Thankfully moved from the "commonwealth" of Pennsylvania to sweet sweet sales taxless Delaware!

Yeah this lol
Ouchie
Ehhh yeah fair point haha.

Maybe it was the sleep last night, but I'm much calmer today. I'll trust the process and the vets, when the email comes (or this sub reports it), I'll find out. Definitely the quick January 2021 turnaround and the "date change" on the dashboard had me all riled up, but now that it's been more than a day since that date change I think I have more confidence that they're following the more "typical" April release timeframe. Just gotta keep my mind off it!

Now, by saying this, I could also be totally jinxing it and then they'll DEFINITELY come out today lol. only time will tell

Back