January 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so strange. Day 21? WOW!
I'm shocked too. It wasn't even on my radar.
I'm guessing because there are many fewer examinees?
That, or something that's a function of the low number of examinees and/or exam sites? Less manual QA checks? Less investigations of misbehavior?

This is about two weeks short of the previous release record. So I wonder what took the extra time previously (besides waiting for cut score meetings). And will the extra time still be needed for the last two P&P exams in April and October?

I'm shocked too. It wasn't even on my radar.

That, or something that's a function of the low number of examinees and/or exam sites? Less manual QA checks? Less investigations of misbehavior?

This is about two weeks short of the previous release record. So I wonder what took the extra time previously (besides waiting for cut score meetings). And will the extra time still be needed for the last two P&P exams in April and October?
There is the real question. And then, once all PE exams are transitioned to CBT, what does that mean for the SE- will that go faster as well? They graded the constructed answer portion in about 1 1/2 days, according to the Licensure exchange. Hopefully I don't have to find that out!

There is the real question. And then, once all PE exams are transitioned to CBT, what does that mean for the SE- will that go faster as well? They graded the constructed answer portion in about 1 1/2 days, according to the Licensure exchange. Hopefully I don't have to find that out!
ref? Is the 1.5 days for the grading of the constructed problems or the "cut score" meeting for the constructed problems? My understanding is the long pole for grading the SE exam is the very limited number of people who actually grade the essay questions.

This has to be a function of fewer examinees? OR perhaps they offered the same exam as October, therefore they already had a large enough pool of examinees to determine the cut score/competency on the exam. In would assume, those who jumped on the January train were ones that were planning for October but uncertain about COVID. I don't think there was enough time to decide first time to jump into January from the announced it. If I recall correctly anyway...

You were right. I just saw the February Licensure Exchange. It looks like they extended the grading period form three to five days to accommodate the all virtual process - with the bulk happening over a 1.5 day period.

A look through the rest of the newsletter shows that they are using zoom for just about everything else over (at least) the next few months. One would think that they'll start grading everything faster going forward.

Wow, that's such great news you are able not to worry by saving money and taking advantage of the 14 days of free editions that this service offers...

Back