January 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my 4th time taking the PE and waiting. I haven't decided if this board being so quite and slow is better or worse than the previous 3 times.
I'd think less chatter would reduce the stress, but the lack of talking probably internalizes everything too. It'll start picking up in three weeks, right before the release drops.

THAAAAT SUCKS!....when I took it in October they made everyone raise their hands if they had a phone on them. Then made everyone get up and walk to the front of the room and put their phones on a little "stage" they had set up in the front of the room.
Maryland operates that way too. I'm surprised more locations don't make it SOP.

I'd think less chatter would reduce the stress, but the lack of talking probably internalizes everything too. It'll start picking up in three weeks, right before the release drops.

Maryland operates that way too. I'm surprised more locations don't make it SOP.
I agree - I mean I understand WHY they don't want examinees to have their phones...but at the same time what if their is an emergency and someone is trying to get ahold of you?

In my case - I took the exam when my wife was coming up on 7 months or so pregnant. If she'd gone into premature labor or something happened and was trying to get in touch with me...she would have been screwed.

THAAAAT SUCKS!....when I took it in October they made everyone raise their hands if they had a phone on them. Then made everyone get up and walk to the front of the room and put their phones on a little "stage" they had set up in the front of the room.
I would have preferred that over having to leave because I forgot my phone was in my bag. That truly sucks!

Florida the same. "If you have a phone on you, put it in this box in the front of the room" once in the AM and again in the PM. What a nightmare for ppl that have actually been kicked out!!!

Florida the same. "If you have a phone on you, put it in this box in the front of the room" once in the AM and again in the PM. What a nightmare for ppl that have actually been kicked out!!!
VT does this too.

When I proctored in college, someone left their phone behind...

True - I suspect it may have only been "locals" to the exam sites. I remember getting that email and being like "umm...so you want me to drive 3+ hours to Hartford, CT (closest to me), the night before, stay in a hotel in an unfamiliar city, and then wake up and take the biggest exam of my life?" No thanks...And to top it off, I recall the email saying something to the tune of "This list may change as other locations are procured...but you have like 2 weeks to make the decision to take the exam in January"
Some of us have to drive 3+ hours, stay in a hotel in an unfamiliar city for a regular examination, no matter what.

Some of us have to drive 3+ hours, stay in a hotel in an unfamiliar city for a regular examination, no matter what.
This is true. I guess I'm spoiled in that both "normal" exam locations in NJ are roughly the same 45 minute drive and I could drive to either one the day of.

I guess the personal sticker shock is more the, I could take it 45 minutes away if they'd let me. But then to say, "welll here's our list and it might change as/if we procure more locations" and the closest location being that far a way is what turned me off of that idea...

This is true. I guess I'm spoiled in that both "normal" exam locations in NJ are roughly the same 45 minute drive and I could drive to either one the day of.

I guess the personal sticker shock is more the, I could take it 45 minutes away if they'd let me. But then to say, "welll here's our list and it might change as/if we procure more locations" and the closest location being that far a way is what turned me off of that idea...
Comparing apples to apples, for this regional one, the closest location was 6+ hours away, so wasn't going to happen. Not that they offered my exam during it anyway. :)

To test in my state, it was 2.5hours. I tested in a different state and it was 4hrs (more if it was snowing. Which it was once or twice)

True - I suspect it may have only been "locals" to the exam sites. I remember getting that email and being like "umm...so you want me to drive 3+ hours to Hartford, CT (closest to me), the night before, stay in a hotel in an unfamiliar city, and then wake up and take the biggest exam of my life?" No thanks...And to top it off, I recall the email saying something to the tune of "This list may change as other locations are procured...but you have like 2 weeks to make the decision to take the exam in January"
TBH I'd avoid testing in Hartford. IIRC, it's still held at the XL Center so yay for testing in an arena

What day of the week are results generally released? If April exam registration ends on 3/4 then would a good guess be that results would be released the following week? That would put it at six weeks...

What day of the week are results generally released? If April exam registration ends on 3/4 then would a good guess be that results would be released the following week? That would put it at six weeks...
For P&P, literally any business day. At anytime during EST business hours.

IIRC - for October, the just about every state had their results out within the week of release. Granted, the release date was a Monday. I would assume it's a safe assumption to say within 2 weeks of the release? This was only my first time around. Maybe some of the board vets can confirm.

Back