COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's the Clemson fans on here?

word around these parts, is that Rich Rod will be the Tigers head coach starting NEXT season. Thoughts?

<-- shamefully raises hand

word around these parts, is that Rich Rod will be the Tigers head coach starting NEXT season. Thoughts?
I've heard that rumor as well. Swinney is on the hot seat, and can't afford another 6-7 season and loss to SCar like last year. Rich Rod, despite the hatred in the WVU and Michigan areas (and maybe even nationally), is pretty well liked in Clemson, and probably would be a candidate they'd look at. The years where Tommy Bowden was HC and Rich Rod was OC are considered some of the best years since the Danny Ford era.

We have a new OC and new QB this season, so nobody knows what to expect. Generally, offence was the problem last year, but we lost some defensive players to the NFL early, so we could have problems on both sides of the ball. We'll know what we have in Week 3 and 4, where we play Auburn and FSU back to back. That is, of course, if we can get by Troy this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will people finally realize that Oregon is an overrated team now? LSU just handed the suck to them.

Notre Dame? Really? #16 preseason ranking? Sorry, USF just ruined your season.

Auburn ought to be ashamed that they nearly tanked one to Utah State.

My Buckeyes looked good. Yeah, it's Akron, but they look like they do every year. When you only have 6 senior starting amidst all the trouble, that's big for them.

I've heard that rumor as well. Swinney is on the hot seat, and can't afford another 6-7 season and loss to SCar like last year. Rich Rod, despite the hatred in the WVU and Michigan areas (and maybe even nationally), is pretty well liked in Clemson, and probably would be a candidate they'd look at. The years where Tommy Bowden was HC and Rich Rod was OC are considered some of the best years since the Danny Ford era.
Actually, I think he still can bring a program to top levels. I think Michigan dumped him a year early. I could see the turn-around last year, and I bet that if he were in Michigan this year, it would have been better, but with that said, I still got some satisfaction out of them dumping him.

I think that Clemson fans knowing Rich Rod is there, will make that hot seat even hotter for current coach.

on a good note, I'm hoping for good weather next weekend, as I'll be at the PENN STATE - ALABAMA game.

GO LIONS!!!!

PSUbanana.gif

I don't think that's gonna be much of a game.

<--- Not a crimson tide, elephant, whatever mascot fan.

I hope not, would love to see Penn State rip em good. :D

The bad part is, I'm going with Nick Saban's group. He got an allotment of 105 tickets, and I'm going with them. I'll be the guy in the PSU shirt sitting in the middle of the Alabama group.

Saban is from here locally, and I know his cousin, who asked me to go, knowing I'd be the PSU guy they all get to bitch at the whole game.

You have been invited to join EB.com's Group in Yahoo! Sports College Football Pick'em.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/23911

In order to join the group, just go to College Football Pick'em, and click the "Join Group" button. From there, enter the following information...

Group ID#: 23911

Password: Njneer1

The commissioner of this group has sent the following note:

--------------------------------------------------------

Join EB.com's College Pick Em

--------------------------------------------------------

And what did I tell you about that NU-BC game? That was a heck of a game, right down to the end. and the 'Cats pulled it off without Persa.

And we looked pathetic against Hawaii. Got Cal coming up this week. Hello, 0-2!

I could see the turn-around last year, and I bet that if he were in Michigan this year, it would have been better, but with that said, I still got some satisfaction out of them dumping him.
Really? DBs lining up incorrectly is a Game One mistake and Michigan was doing that in their bowl game.

This week (ND at Michigan) should be interesting. Either the Wolverines will come crashing to earth or ND will be 0-2. Either meltdown will be fun to watch.

The Berkley Hippies will be visiting the Boulder Hippies this weekend. Can't we all just get along, man? :afro:

It would have been useful had I realized that you set up the Pick'em league as a spread league. I made my picks based on W/L, not the spread. I think it's too much to think about with both the spread and confidence points.

Holy Toledo, the OSU - Toledo game was waaaaaaay too close for comfort. A little pissed that Fickell didn't put in Braxton Miller when Bauserman was sucking it.

Really let down that Georgia didn't pull it off against South Carolina.

Hoping for a Michigan rally against Notre Dame, and hoping Fresno keeps the lead against Nebraska!

Texas just polished off BYU, a noteworthly opponent since the team from Utah was 90% white boys who could spell thier own names. Unlike my school who is a bunch of 300 pound basket weavers.

Yes, I've been drinking Wild Turkey.

One final note from the heart. As many of you know I spent 20 years on the "pointy end of the spear". All the NFL bullshit for tomorrow is an insult to the 100 kids whose lives were lost under me in Al AnBar. I was just a staff officer, but in so many ways, each of those young men were my charges.

I think I may hijack the church service tomorrow...

Ladies and Gentlemen, fill a glass of good port wine and call a toast to all the good men and ladies that came back...without a voice....

Freon, USMC Ret

From Kipling:

I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer,

The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here."

The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,

I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:

O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away";

But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play,

The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,

O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,

They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;

They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls,

But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, wait outside";

But it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide,

The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,

O it's "Special train for Atkins" when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep

Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;

An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit

Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.

Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?"

But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,

The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,

O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,

But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;

An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,

Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;

While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, fall be'ind",

But it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind,

There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,

O it's "Please to walk in front, sir", when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:

We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.

Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face

The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"

But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;

An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;

An' Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool -- you bet that Tommy sees!

Play the "Eternal Father" at church tomorrow.....

Back