College Bowl Games - Pick Em

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All accounts (other than the James family) have come back that the kid felt "entitled" and was a brat, talking back to coaches and not giving 100%. So, when he showed up to practice stating he had a concusion and couldn't practice (when the week before he had been giving running as a punnishment with 3 other WR's for not trying hard enough)... Coach Leach put him in a room, supervised.
I think Leach was trying to make a point, but nothing (NOTHING) he did put the kid at any risk whatsoever. Sounds to me like daddy got pissed, and is taking his wanker of a son's side of the story.

Leach is left holding the bag. Funny thing is, the story goes that no other D1 program wanted this kid, and Craig James talked with Leach and convinced him to take him onboard. Lot of good that did him.

I think Tech is stupid to fire him for this very minor (if any) infraction. The AD must have been looking for a reason, and I hope that Leach can take them for everything they are worth. He'll land on his feet OK, with him gone, no matter the hire, Tech will struggle for a few years.
That makes a lot more sense to me. Lou Holtz threw the bullSh*t flag on Sports Center last night. Loved wathcing his dad read what the lawyer scripted for him.

I can't believe how my bowl picks, after very careful consideration, are slowly turning on me ....

That makes a lot more sense to me. Lou Holtz threw the bullSh*t flag on Sports Center last night. Loved wathcing his dad read what the lawyer scripted for him.
I watched Lou Holtz tear in and laughed hysterically ... how can you NOT throw the :BS: ??!!

JR

WOw, I'm in second place...wonder how long that will last.
Now you're in first, and I'm in second. I had :wv: as my highest rated pick,.... WTF was I thinking?

Team Picks Total Max snickerd3 270 544

DVINNY 248 454

Freon 224 510

jregieng 223 457

Crimson Tide 199 403

D.Kephart 189 427

Parks and Rec 186 415

rudy 181 431

kevo_55 159 454

ktulu 156 403

klmccllg 152 348

PEsoon2B 151 412

VTEnviro 149 444

Toilet Bowl - Soboman52 128 369

Master slacker 119 383

KEG 118 413

McEngr 111 406

TouchDown 108 370

Hart4515 89 352

ble31980 79 353

Slubber926 0 0

EITeabag 0 0

I missed out on getting back to pick winners. I have not watched any games this week with being sick, and taking care of a sick kid.

Well, the Oklahoma State Cowboys should win today at 1pm.

WOw, I'm in second place...wonder how long that will last.
Now you're in first, and I'm in second. I had :wv: as my highest rated pick,.... WTF was I thinking?

Team Picks Total Max snickerd3 270 544

DVINNY 248 454

Freon 224 510

jregieng 223 457

Crimson Tide 199 403

D.Kephart 189 427

Parks and Rec 186 415

rudy 181 431

kevo_55 159 454

ktulu 156 403

klmccllg 152 348

PEsoon2B 151 412

VTEnviro 149 444

Toilet Bowl - Soboman52 128 369

Master slacker 119 383

KEG 118 413

McEngr 111 406

TouchDown 108 370

Hart4515 89 352

ble31980 79 353

Slubber926 0 0

EITeabag 0 0
JR just knocked you out of second

yeah, I saw that. I shoulda put more points on UCONN cause it looked like everyone else took SCar

You are nailin' them left and right, What the frick?

I had : :wv: : as my highest rated pick,.... WTF was I thinking?
I was secretly hoping : :wv: : would pull the win against a smug Bowden but I figured they were more experienced with bowl games and finding a way to win. Not to menton they had home field advantage in Jacksonville.

JR just knocked you out of second
:D

Don't worry - it won't stay that way ...

yeah, I saw that. I shoulda put more points on UCONN cause it looked like everyone else took SCar
I haven't seen UCONN play this year and new SCar was marginal but probably better in the long term.

You are nailin' them left and right, What the frick?
I am using the force ... ;)

JR

ECU freakin' killed me cause almost all of you had Ark.

I mean 3 missed field goals in the last 2 minutes and overtime?

who does that?

man I hated to see Petrino get a win..
Pshaw...if you hate him because of the Falcons deal, you can get over it. He was in Louisville for 3 years and completely turned our team around. We won the Orange Bowl, then he disappeared...now our team sucks and we have gone to 0 bowl games since he left.

Pshaw...if you hate him because of the Falcons deal, you can get over it. He was in Louisville for 3 years and completely turned our team around. We won the Orange Bowl, then he disappeared...now our team sucks and we have gone to 0 bowl games since he left.
Charlie Strong will change that very soon. Your program is going in the right direction.

Charlie Strong will change that very soon. Your program is going in the right direction.
It certainly can't get much worse. Kragthorpe took one of the best offenses in college ball and destroyed it, and took one of the worst defenses in the league and made it worse. There's nowhere to go but up now.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am glad he is not with the falcons anymore, but due to him not even being "man enough" to finish the season I will always have disdain for him.

I even heard him rumored as being interested in the Florida job if Meyers doesnt come back, I hope Florida wouldnt even be willing to think about that...

Be careful. When Lou Holtz took over at S. Carolina, I heard a lot of the same thing.
0-11 later, they realized it had gotten worse.
Sure, we could have more losses, but the lack of entertaining football is already upon us. I get no joy out of watching my team beat the piss out of a 1-AA team that we are paying to be there, so if we don't win those games, I don't really care.

I am glad he is not with the falcons anymore, but due to him not even being "man enough" to finish the season I will always have disdain for him.
I even heard him rumored as being interested in the Florida job if Meyers doesnt come back, I hope Florida wouldnt even be willing to think about that...
I guarantee you he is looking for a new job. The guy can't sit still for 30 seconds. But he is one hell of a football coach.

As a former athlete, I was treated worse than this, heck try rolling the length of the football field, I would take the dark closet any day.

BUT, Leach is a fool for doing this, listen the Ath. Director hates you and you are owed a bunch of money, don't do anything stupid.

That being said, as I understand it the kid was locked in a completely dark storage shed, not a "darkened room" I wouldn't be happy if that was my kid.

If you don't like the kid, here's and idea, KICK HIM OFF THE TEAM or pull his schollie. You can do that there is no need to go to these lengths.

Leach will get a new job, and probably be successful again, Texas Tech on the other hand will have trouble replacing Leach.

Back