COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2011

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^indeed, but I really think they're just going to have Joe-Pa stuffed and set him up on the sidelines when he dies...

JoePa will live another 80. He's the greatest. They don't make them like that anymore.

RG, not only is he crazy (actually left Temple) because he was considered to be JoePa's heir apparent, if/when 80 years from now, JoePa does retire, but Temple was on the rise, Al Golden was 17-8 over the last two seasons. I know Temple is not a prestigious program, but going from being successful at a program to possible death penalty is a hit.

2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg
I hear you. Never understood the interest in it. I've been to a few games, it's something to do on a Saturday afternoon, but nothing special.

I hear you. Never understood the interest in it. I've been to a few games, it's something to do on a Saturday afternoon, but nothing special.
Meh, I much prefer college football to the NFL. I find the college game much more exciting since anything can happen. Upsets are much more likely in the college game, which ratchets up the excitement. The cost of going to the game is much less then an NFL game and there is a direct connection between me and the team I cheer for (hey I took classes here, just like these players).

But mostly I soured on the NFL in 1996 when a man named Bud Adams demanded a new football stadium even though his team was terrible and couldn't get anywhere close to filling the stadium he had. So he packed up his team and moved to Tennessee. My college team isn't going to pack up and leave town.

I find the college game much more exciting since anything can happen. Upsets are much more likely in the college game, which ratchets up the excitement
I donno. So many games are between Powerhouse U vs. Cupcake State and end up 64-3. I do enjoy the gimmicky offensive sets though in the college game. I'll watch Bowl Games on New Years Day, but that's about it. Along the same lines as I'll watch the Indy 500 but no other Nascar races or I'll watch the World Cup but no other soccer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the college game much more exciting since anything can happen. Upsets are much more likely in the college game, which ratchets up the excitement
I donno. So many games are between Powerhouse U vs. Cupcake State and end up 64-3. I do enjoy the gimmicky offensive sets though in the college game.
I wouldn't say "many" games are that way. Yes, most schools schedule cupcakes at the beginning of the season. I liken those to preseason games in the NFL, even though these "preseason" games count for college. And what's the difference between playing a cupcake in college football vs. having the Bengals on your NFL schedule? :dunno:

Indy is the Indy Racing League and consists of open-wheel racing. Nascar is "stock-car" racing, ie full bodys.

They each have their own separate governing bodies, sponsors, drivers, etc. They do share alot of race-tracks though.

RW:the previous "Indy" photo you posted is an F1 car (since corrected). And yes, F1 is different from Indy.

Indy

p75866_large%20Target_Chip_Ganassi_Racing_G_Force_Indy_Car%20Overhead_Front_Right_Side_View.jpg

F1

McLaren%20MP4-22%202007%20F1%20Car.jpg

Again, a whole other racing league.

RW: I think that Indy photo is an F1 car. And yes, F1 is different from Indy.
It was, I grabbed quickly grabbed a pic from Wikipedia without paying much attention before posting. Then I had to go find a real indy car pic.

I donno. So many games are between Powerhouse U vs. Cupcake State and end up 64-3.
Powerhouse U vs. Cupcake State is rarely televised.

I have basic cable and get about a dozen televised games each Saturday, of which probably ten will be competitive.

I think Mizzou is right about where it should be in the rankings. There hasn't been a whole lot of chatter about the team this year. I am hoping they do a lot better and make their way up the ladder. The Big 12 is just taking a beating this year and having Mizzou, OU, TA&M, and Texas in the rankings (with Baylor probably joining later) is great IMO.
Going to the MU vs Miami-OH game on 9/3, maybe I will see TD there.
I'd rather be watching football than all the other crap clogging up message boards right now with our program...

aTm and conference expansion worry + head coach of our men's BBall team came from Miami and has what seems to be an "interesting" history + new QB / etc.

Should be an OK year for us, I'll probably be bringing the family to the 9/3 game, mizzoueng, so I'll message you my cell number. We sit in the family fun zone (corner between band and student section).

college football is everything.We are #18.Expect us to be out of the rankings by week 4. But we don't have to deal with TP anymore. Thats the only good news.

Back